One of the best things about www.houseboatmagazine.com is the forum. There is an amazing group of people who meet online to discuss houseboats. Does it get any better? The members can most likely help you with any question you might have. One of our moderators is Pirate, aka Ed Orton. Here are some of his thoughts on houseboating.
1. What kind of boat do you currently own?
I have just sold a 1997 63-foot Hilburn Coastal houseboat. It was loaded with a forward stateroom and cuddy cabin, plus full master, two heads and showers (one with tub), washer dryer, central heat and air, fly bridge and full galley. Pretty well loaded.
2. What is your favorite thing about houseboating?
Sites, traveling the rivers and the people you meet. Most boaters are helpful and courteous. They stick together like glue.
3. What is your favorite meal to cook while houseboating?
T-bone steaks charcoaled on the grill.
4. How long have you been houseboating?
5. Where do you dock your boat?
My marina on the Tenn-Tom waterway at Pirate’s Marina Cove.