There are a LOT of reasons why you should houseboat over the holidays, but here are a few keepers to remember:
10. The soft waves will soothe holiday stress out of the craziest mother-in-law.
9. The kids are contained in strict square footage, so no running off.
8. You’re away from the hustle and bustle found in any urban area this time of year.
7. Being out in nature brings out the best in most people.
6. When nature brings out the worse in the other few, you can banish them to the top deck.
5. Your dining area has endless new scenery surrounding it.
4. Everyone will actually pay attention to everyone else—a houseboat is much more attention-grabbing than texting, tweeting, and facebooking.
3. Let’s just say desserts go hand-in-hand with celebrating the holidays.
2. There are fewer places to hide for the scallywags trying to avoid washing the dishes.
1. It will make the richest, long-lasting memory for all of your lucky guests—including you.
Houseboat magazine wishes Happy Holidays and beautiful boating for everybody!