If you’re looking to celebrate the National Fishing and Boating Week June 4 -12, this year, here are some great ideas on where to head. The Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF) and its Take Me Fishing and Vamos A Pescar campaigns just released their list of 2016 Top 100 Family-Friendly Places to Fish and Boat, according to PR Newswire. Almost 35,000 different anglers and boaters cast nearly 650,000 votes to give a shout-out to their favorite fishing and boating hotspots.
"The best way to enjoy fishing and boating is to find a special place to fish with family and friends, so we're thrilled that so many people shared their favorite place to engage in this national pastime," said RBFF President and CEO, Frank Peterson.
Here are the top ten fishing spots for 2016:
- Everglades National Park, Fla.
- Bahia Honda State Park, Atlantic Ocean, Fla.
- Blue Springs State Park, St. Johns River, Fla.
- Kissimmee State Park, Lake Kissimmee, Fla.
- Clear Lake State Park, Clear Lake, Calif.
- Brannon Island State Park, Sacramento River, Calif.
- Dockweiler State Beach, Santa Monica Bay, Calif.
- Hanging Rock State Park, Hanging Rock Park Lake, N.C.
- Guntersville State Park, Guntersville Lake, Ala.
- Lake James State Park, Lake James, Ala.