Crane Lake, located in northeastern Minnesota near the Canadian border, is a large Midwestern lake with a lot to offer when it comes to houseboating.
Here are five interesting facts to know about the lake:
1. Crane Lake is home to the largest houseboat operation in the Midwest: Voyagaire Lodge and Houseboats. Voyagaire has the only fleet of luxury rental houseboats in Voyageurs National Park. For five decades, Voyagaire houseboats have served small and large families, groups of explorers, and fishing parties.
2. Houseboating here will provide you with a home on the water like you've never experienced before. Hundreds of years ago, voyageurs, Indians, and fur traders created paths through the Minnesota wilderness. Today, you can experience the peace of the lake, wilderness, and coves in that wilderness highly preserved since so long ago.
3. Voyageurs National Park is the U.S.'s youngest and only water-based national park. That makes it a unique combination of interconnected waterways, ancient rock formations, and hundreds of uninhabited islands. These lakes are surrounded by rugged forests home to a diverse array of wildlife, including moose, loons, black bears, and bald eagles.
4. Voyageurs National Park has it all when it comes to family fun, fishing, and a relaxing environment. Voyagaire vacations allow for the excitement of exploring untouched wilderness while also experiencing the luxurious modern comforts of home. Catch animals quietly drinking the water while the sun rises behind brilliant multi-billion-year-old rock walls. During the evening, listen to the loons calling or a wolf howling at the moon, watch the stars in the sky, or grill on an open fire. You could also simply stay in your houseboat and enjoy a relaxing evening of lobster and wine. Voyagaire Houseboat staff are very friendly and deliver food and beverages right to your houseboat.
5. Pets are welcome as well. The family dog is safe to freely run around, exploring the islands of Voyageurs and swimming with the family. Voyagaire Lodge and Houseboats provides excellent family-oriented vacations.
If you visit this area once during your summer vacation, you'll want to keep coming back!
Video credited to Voyagaire.com
Photos credited to Voyagaire.com and GoPlayOutdoors.com