PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

Dan
11-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Did anyone spend Thanksgiving on the boat? I enjoyed the story in the magazine section about the family spending theirs on the boat and having salmon. I'll take grilled salmon over turkey any day!
Or any other unusual Thanksgiving stories or traditions?
My sons are both married to girls who are blessed with large close families, so they spend turkey day with them. I'm the only family member on my side and a lousy cook to boot, so probably a good choice!
This of course leaves me with the question of what to do with myself here in cold Indiana on Thanksgiving day. Sooooo, I flew to Key West and had fish taco's and margarita's at Margaritaville..............flew back home Monday night..........life is good!:cool:

42gibson
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
we have always cooked thanksgiving for the entire family. this year everyone wanted to cook at home so we went to everyones house and ate till we were sick. dan, i think yours sounds great with the exception of the fish tacos.......lol

Miller Tyme
11-29-2012, 05:53 PM
No spent part of Friday on the boat with my dad having a few adult beverages, then about 2 we hit every VFW, AmVets and Legion hall between Aurora Indiana and Harrison Ohio (6 of them). Finished up about midnight, been doing this for several years now and they all know to look for us, and they look forward to my dads stories of misadventure during WW2.

Zilpo55
12-03-2012, 05:57 AM
We took possession of our first houseboat at the end of August. We REALLY wanted to spend Thanksgiving aboard, but it didn't work out. We will definitely ring in the new year. Looking forward to 2013!