PDA

View Full Version : Boating items on your Christmas list - Santa might be watching

Zilpo55
12-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Being new to houseboating, our list of needs and wants is long and growing every day. I can't confirm that Santa reads this forum, but thought it might be fun to see what people are wishing for.

For starters, we need a LOT more mooring line than we have now. I also am asking for new Perko LED courtesy lights to replace the old cracked incandescent ones we have now. I hope to go with a lot more LEDs as time and money allow.

Who's next?

42gibson
12-03-2012, 07:35 AM
if there really is a santa, i want a new pluckebaum.if your wishing....GO BIG !!!

Zilpo55
12-03-2012, 09:12 AM
if there really is a santa, i want a new pluckebaum.if your wishing....GO BIG !!! OK, I'll admit I was thinking of things my family might actually buy me. From Santa, I want a new jet ski or runabout!

GoVols
12-03-2012, 09:29 AM
garagable runabout!
Boathitch (http://theboathitch.com/index.html) for pulling runabout around lake
storable pressure washer for party top cleaning

Amelia
12-15-2012, 03:16 PM
I just ordered (for the man who doesn't want much, and if he discovers he doesn't have everything, goes out and buys it for himself,) a pair of walkie-talkie headsets. THAT is a thing he hasn't thought of. A boating friend asked how docking Lotus Eater was going, and I laughed and said, "Noisy... sternward visibility is poor from the helm, and it's a long way from one end to the other of that boat for polite tones of voice." The fellow said with a knowing grin, "Google 'marriage-saver headsets', so I did. We shall see. We thought of using cell phones, but seems like it would be mighty easy to toss it in the water in the excitement of a sudden gust.

OLD HOUSEBOATER
12-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Amelia

Haven't heard from you in awhile. How about an update?

Stmbtwle
12-16-2012, 02:50 PM
I've already been told that the new 10hp motor I asked for is NOT on the sled... bummer.