PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone!

Katie
12-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi All!

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Katie Burke and I'm now the assistant editor for Houseboat Magazine. I feel so blessed to part of this wonderful community and wanted you all to know that I'm here if you have any questions. Until I can afford to retire on a Houseboat. The husband and I seriously can't wait for that day!

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you :)

Zilpo55
12-28-2012, 06:00 AM
Welcome, Katie!

BananaTom
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Welcome.

Have you ever been on a Houseboat for a period of time??

captrsimon
01-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Thank you Katie for getting things worked out so I could get on here!! Now off to the forums.

Katie
01-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Boating, in all forms, is a passion of mine. I don't own a houseboat but I have spent time aboard and I love it. There is NOTHING like waking up on the water and drinking coffee in the sun. My hubby and I have every intention of retiring on a houseboat one day, we've already started saving for the dream boat! We just don't know what the dream boat is at this time :) I need suggestions! But anyway, I love houseboating and want to be involved in it as much as I can!

BananaTom
02-05-2013, 07:10 AM
We just don't know what the dream boat is at this time :) I need suggestions! But anyway, I love houseboating and want to be involved in it as much as I can!

First determine what waters you will boat on. That will start to narrow it down. Land Locked water, you can have about anyone of them.

If you are going to be on big water, then you will need more than a pontoon vessel, like a Gibson, Holiday Mansion, Blue Water.

Once you decide on which water you will be on, plan your vacations around renting one.