PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of homebuilt houseboats

Amelia
05-24-2014, 07:39 AM
There is visible progress. You who had the good sense to invest in a turnkey operation will hardly understand my jubilation, but once we get countertop and plumbing finished, the Lotus Eater will have an honest-to-goodness galley. (!!!!!!!!!!) Next up might be hot water and then plumbing for the shower.

KC55
05-25-2014, 05:59 AM
I really am happy for you. If I had said this a year ago, it would not have really carried the weight it does today. Each victory is a big deal, take the time to savor it. We aren't building from scratch, but I think I have a hint about what your project is about. Keep up the good work.

KC55

BOATMAN
05-26-2014, 02:59 PM
it took me 9 years to get mine to the water , some people buy them and some build them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBVYBEXDw5s

captmark
05-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Amelia,
Do you guys still have your blog site depicting the building of your boat?

Amelia
05-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Yes, but rather infrequently updated. Seems the boatwright got lured back out of retirement, at least temporarily, and is currently pretending to be a pediatrician instead of pretending to be a carpenter, so progress is s-l-o-w-w-w.

Every so often we find something worth documenting, though.

Here's the link: https://sites.google.com/site/robreiheld/ Then you click on the menu item labeled 'houseboat.'

BananaTom
05-29-2014, 03:54 PM
There is visible progress. You who had the good sense to invest in a turnkey operation will hardly understand my jubilation, but once we get countertop and plumbing finished, the Lotus Eater will have an honest-to-goodness galley. (!!!!!!!!!!) Next up might be hot water and then plumbing for the shower.

Congrats extended

Tony B
05-31-2014, 06:30 PM
Even though my boat was a theoretical 'turn-key', it wasn't. Used boats considered 'turn-key' rarely ever are.

Boats seem to always be a work-in-progress.

Having said that, CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

desimulacra
06-05-2014, 05:49 AM
I have really enjoyed seeing your progress!! Congrats

captmark
06-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Yes, but rather infrequently updated. Seems the boatwright got lured back out of retirement, at least temporarily, and is currently pretending to be a pediatrician instead of pretending to be a carpenter, so progress is s-l-o-w-w-w.

'

LOL-- I hear ya!---I have a friend who is a nationally acclaimed gastroenterologist; but what he is most proud of is the degree he got from a bar-tending institute a few years ago.
Tell him he needs to get back to the important work.