PDA

View Full Version : Seeking awesome Florida marina

DitchRider
12-27-2012, 05:25 AM
OK Gang. Now that the repair, refit and remodel of M/V DitchRider is complete we are starting to look for a more permanent home for her.

Our only requirements are that she stay in the State of Florida (South Florida preferred) and it must be accessible by water from the intracoastal.

So tell me all about the best places!!

Bamby
12-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Bump, There don't appear to many suggestions, as of yet anyway. I'm from way to far north to know anything about Florida myself, but I've really been intrigued reading about the Caloosahatchee River passage. It seems it would be at the minimum a very interesting place to float and visit. Their does seem to be several marinas located all the passage (http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=marinas+on+the+caloosahatchee+river&fb=1&gl=us&hq=marinas+on+the+caloosahatchee+river&sa=X&ei=ObPgUNzlBsjE0AHhwYGQDw&ved=0CK0BELYD) and some appear to have pretty good ratings. Wish I was floating along it myself right now instead of looking at about 6" of snow I'm actually seeing right now.

Okeechobee Waterway Map (http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/Portals/44/siteimages/owwmap.pdf)

Amelia
12-30-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm partial to Pensacola, myself, having spent some wonderful years there. When I think 'beach', that's the one that springs to mind. Probably way too far north, but should it be worth considering, Banana Tom is your go-to guy.

Tony B
12-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Florida is my favorite state on the 3rd Coast. Lots of nice places and high prices to match.
I would consider wintering over in Fl., but I would be gone by summer. Fl. is a hurricane magnet.
We have considered making Fl. our winter home and still thinking about it.

Stmbtwle
12-30-2012, 07:36 PM
The past few years it seems the hurricane magnet has moved North....

OLD HOUSEBOATER
12-31-2012, 04:13 AM
Gulf Shores Alabama. Protected Marinas on the intercoastal canal. OUTSTANDING PLACE TO LIVE.

OLD HOUSEBOATER
12-31-2012, 04:15 AM
Burnt Store Marina on the west coast of Florida.

clarencio5
01-05-2013, 10:46 AM
There are a lot of super Marinas in Florida but I stayed at one of them for a few years and thought very highly of it while I was there. (It was years Ago)
It was called "Maximo Moorings Marina" It has covered slips and open slips. Sailboats, power and Houseboats.
It is right up the channel from Boca Ciega Bay, about a half mile from the intracoastal. Just a few miles south of St.Pete Fla.
It has lots of great houseboat cruising spots all around. Tampa Bay---Sarasota----The whole west coast of Fla.

BananaTom
01-07-2013, 10:59 AM
If Northwest Florida / L.A. (Lower Alabama) is on your radar, hit me up.

I know all the marina's here.

Covered slips are far and few between, but we have a few.