PDA

View Full Version : Strong exhaust smell.

JTAlberts
07-20-2014, 07:49 PM
I have taken the new boat out a few times now and I have noticed a significant smell of exhaust in the cabin after docking for the day. The wind has varied each time and I do have to back into my slip. I have noticed that while my starboard engine warms up I am getting some blue smoke from it. I am not sure if it is running really rich or if I ha en an exhaust leak in the engine compartment. When opening the engine hatch you get a fairly strong whiff of fumes. My manifolds are leaking a bit at the risers. I was really hoping to not have to worry about the exhaust manifolds this off season.

JTAlberts
07-20-2014, 07:52 PM
Just read that blue smoke is burning oil. I am gonna check my pav valve and hope that is it.

GoVols
07-21-2014, 07:43 AM
Hope it's not the rings!

JTAlberts
07-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Hope it's not the rings!

If it is, I am seriously going to question my surveyor about what he actually took a look at. I have 2 things that I would have assumed he looked at while doing the survey that weren't mentioned in the write up.

42gibson
07-22-2014, 04:41 AM
I know what you mean about surveyors but read the fine print,they will accept no responsibility for anything.when the surveyor did ours I showed him more than he showed me and his response was " I cant catch everything" and still billed us 800$.pretty good money for 2 hours work.

OLD HOUSEBOATER
07-22-2014, 08:23 AM
C O detector?

JTAlberts
07-22-2014, 08:57 AM
C O detector?

I have one and it goes crazy. I will plan on airing out the engine compartment after taking it out so it wont seep back into the boat.