PDA

View Full Version : Tenn River from Alabama to Ohio River

Tony B
12-06-2014, 01:34 PM
We will be on the go again this coming spring. We will be heading north on the Tennessee River from NW Alabama to Northern Ky. and beyond. We would like to stop at various marinas for a month at a time, or at least we think so. Just going through some of the marinas on the internet, they all seem to say the same thing - Annual or Transient Rates. Are there any marinas up that way that offer monthly rates for a 36' trawler? We have not yet decided on whether to hit the Ohio or the Cumberland. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Fork-lift-king
12-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Call them.

JTAlberts
12-06-2014, 04:27 PM
How far up the Ohio are you looking? I am sure there are a few that would work out a decent rate for an extended stay.

42gibson
12-07-2014, 06:37 AM
when we had our boat in ky for a while he just charged us 1/12 the seasonal rate per month (300 per month)

pirate
12-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Go the Cumberland route. I should have two Marinas on Old Hickory by then. Cut you a deal 30% off for a month.

Tony B
12-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Go the Cumberland route. I should have two Marinas on Old Hickory by then. ...........

So now I have to look up "Old Hickory". Sheeesh!
Last time I took the advice from you and OHB was about Joe Wheeler State Park. We absolutely love this place. We have a covered slip all the way at the end. We have the only vehicle in the parking lot other than the Marine Police. It'd like owning 2200 acres of river front property complete with full time view of deer. By the time we leave Wheeler, it will be almost 9 months. So after Old Hickory, then what? A retirement marina?

OLD HOUSEBOATER
12-09-2014, 09:28 AM
You might get used to Nashville and never want to leave. You used to be able to buy your slip there.

Jane an I miss Joe Wheeler we were there 13 years and lived aboard 7. Truly the best years of our lives. If Bill and Carol Yancy are still there tell them we said "Hey"

Tony B
12-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Yes, I believe it was you that told me about Joe Wheeler first. I think you said it was "houseboat heaven" and it truly is. We originally planned on going to Ky. Lake when you mentioned Wheeler. We looked it up on the internet and so here we are.
Bill and Carol are our neighbors. They are here quite often. I am at the end of the dock and they are about 5 or 6 boats down from me. They are very nice and sociable people. They have the coolest looking boat here. It is one of the tug style trawlers (American Tug) - fire engine red hull with lots of shiny stainless steel. Billy always has a big smile on his face and his voice sounds like he should have been a radio personality rather than a farmer.
He will probably be here this weekend. I will tell him you said "hi". That's yankee for 'hey'. What name shall I say said 'hey' - surely your birth certificate doesn't say Old Houseboater. then again?
When did you folks leave Wheeler? I don't suspect it changed much over the years.

OLD HOUSEBOATER
12-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Rodd and Jane Diehl - We had the 55 Pluckebaum - JUBILATION. We left in 03 when we moved to Gulf Shores.

pirate
12-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Rod Diehl AKA OHB, there may be warrants out for him so be careful.

Tony B
12-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks

I will be glad to relay your "hey".
Joe Wheeler is having its boat parade this weekend and I suspect they will be around.
I'm sure they will be glad to hear from you.

Tony B

Tony B
12-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Pirate

Not to worry. Ill deny all knowledge of OHB - for the right price.
I'm still planning on going down to the coast on the 19th. If you are there, maybe we could storm OHB's place together.

BananaTom
12-11-2014, 07:00 AM
Pirate

Not to worry. Ill deny all knowledge of OHB - for the right price.
I'm still planning on going down to the coast on the 19th. If you are there, maybe we could storm OHB's place together.

If ya'll are planing a get together down here, count me in,

OLD HOUSEBOATER
12-11-2014, 09:14 AM
All of you guys are welcome. Drop me an Email and I will reserve a table at the Irish Pub.

Tony B
12-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Irish Pub? Do they serve alcohol?
I'll be in touch and try my best to meet you guys.

BananaTom
12-12-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm still planning on going down to the coast on the 19th. .

If that is December, then that is next Friday.
A weekend meet up sounds like fun.
Friday we are booked

Tony B
12-12-2014, 03:32 PM
I'll check to see what the admiral has planned. We will be visiting her sister, but not every day. The 2 gals may want to visit others that I don't know and that is when I am the guy that is gone to Gulf Shores.

Fork-lift-king
12-17-2014, 01:56 AM
The best marina, on north Ky or Barkley lakes, is Green Turtle Bay at Grand Rivers, Ky. It has everything that you can ask for. Located just south of Barkley dam on the west side.

orton0140
12-19-2014, 09:39 PM
wow nice river.how far enn River to Ohio River.anyone knows this?

Fork-lift-king
12-20-2014, 02:16 AM
On the Cumberland and Tennessee rivers, the mile markers start at the Ohio river.