PDA

View Full Version : finally completed my lights

GoVols
07-13-2015, 01:39 PM
Took me a bit to complete it, but here's my lighting project I recently completed.

http://www.regalownersforum.com/forum/download/file.php?id=6737&mode=view

easttnboater
07-14-2015, 06:19 AM
Looks good. I saw several pontoon boats at the fireworks display the other weekend with lights like those. I also saw the boat cops talking to the ones that were showing blue lights - they all changed to a different color after being pulled over.

GoVols
07-17-2015, 10:27 AM
LOL! I was originally going to get blue because I really like the way it looks on the water. A friend told me I needed to get red to match my boat's striping though because I have no blue on the boat anyway. Glad I didn't get blue now! The cost of LED rope lighting has really come down in the past 3 years!

Frantically Relaxing
07-18-2015, 10:35 PM
Just wondeiring, but isn't that kinda against the rules to be running all that red light on the starboard side? That green nav light looks like it's 4 miles away...

GoVols
07-20-2015, 07:19 AM
I'm only running the lights when anchored. TWRA boat even came by and told me they looked good.

Stmbtwle
07-21-2015, 05:25 AM
I used to use ordinary LED party lights along the upper rail (multicolored). We called them"party lights", "WTF lights" or "anti-collision lights" as the mood struck us and I did use them when running as well as when anchored. They did not interfere with my nav lights which are also LED and much brighter. Never had a problem with authorities.

We always run an inverter for the fridge so the lights were 120v (much cheaper than 12v).

Sadly they eventually succumbed to the climate.

People22
08-24-2015, 04:31 AM
Thank you for*good*communication.