PDA

View Full Version : Someone explain the point of this

JTAlberts
12-21-2015, 07:19 AM
Just what exact use does this have?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sheltered-Raft-Mini-Tiny-Micro-House-Boat-Floating-Cabin-or-Custom-Build-/172034904782?forcerrptr=true&hash=item280e1452ce:g:kWcAAOSwwbdWM~C6&item=172034904782

desimulacra
12-21-2015, 07:46 AM
nope, not explainable

Amelia
12-21-2015, 09:23 AM
For the halibut, of course!

Maybe y'all Yankees could buy one and put it on sled runners as an ice-fishing shack, an all-weather toy .

Amelia
12-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Maybe this is the place to post an anecdote: We motored the Lotus Eater a few hours down the glassy-smooth Albemarle Sound, ( a leisurely 20-some miles) our cat proudly perched on the forward windowsill pointing the way. By late afternoon, we arrived at a lovely golfing and yachting enclave for retired semi-well-to-do New Yorkers and New Jerseyites. We tied up for the night at their dock, then had a fine dinner, and a most pleasant evening with friends. I joined a Coast Guard Auxiliary boat-crew training session there the following morning, while Rob and the kitten pottered around on his opus magnum. We topped off with no-ethanol gas, and as the dockmaster shoved us off with a friendly salute, he said, "Oh, I got to tell y'all: I don't know how many calls I've had from the inmates here, asking, "What the hell is THAT thang?" What's wrong with them hoity-toity folks? Ain't they ever seen a shanty boat?

By departure time, the breeze had kicked up, and the ride home was considerably less tranquil. The Spook, formerly intrepid ship's cat, hid under the lifejackets, not to reappear until we turned into a much quieter Edenton Bay.

Fork-lift-king
12-21-2015, 01:56 PM
Would make a good outhouse on running water.

easttnboater
12-22-2015, 06:45 AM
It is used to separate you from $5,500.

Frantically Relaxing
12-22-2015, 02:05 PM
Doesn't matter what the point is. It floats, and will carry people. Aside from it could use a few amenities, it's perfect.

:)