PDA

View Full Version : stringer repair

Fork-lift-king
12-27-2015, 10:56 AM
Does anyone have the name of the material that is used to fill stringers? It is a 2 part system that you mix and pour into the cleaned out stringer.

OLD HOUSEBOATER
12-27-2015, 06:06 PM
Are you thinking of SeaCast?

Fork-lift-king
12-28-2015, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll pass it on to a friend that is trying to repair an old bass boat.

outofservice
01-09-2016, 01:25 PM
fork-lift-king
it sea cast or arjay's 6011 Ceramic Pourable Compound
I just replaced my stringers with Arjays

Tony B
01-29-2016, 06:17 AM
fork-lift-king
it sea cast or arjay's 6011 Ceramic Pourable Compound
I just replaced my stringers with Arjays

I have never heard of this stuff before. I just went to their website and it sounds like a lifesaver.
Can any of you give a little detail as to what you did with it? Dug out old rotted wood and filled? Made a mold and poured?
Thanks in advance.

Fork-lift-king
01-30-2016, 04:59 PM
Sorry, I just passed the product names to a friend. He never said if he used them for his repairs.

outofservice
02-24-2016, 07:04 PM
I have never heard of this stuff before. I just went to their website and it sounds like a lifesaver.
Can any of you give a little detail as to what you did with it? Dug out old rotted wood and filled? Made a mold and poured?
Thanks in advance.
Tony, I removed engines, gen and fuel tanks. then cut the tops of the stringers off and removed the damaged wood. I then cleaned the cavity's out, lowered the cross drain holes down to the bottom and the stringers and glassed them back in. supported the bottom of the boat, reinstalled the caps of the stringer and glassed them back down. mixed, poured and gel coated.
Dave