PDA

View Full Version : Tony B Ready to Roll

Tony B
05-02-2016, 09:20 AM
Got a really late start this year. Between arm injury, family obligations etc. we are now ready to roll.
We are now on standby waiting on weather on Tellico Lake. Had a wonderful time up here. Smoky Mtn National Park has become an addiction. Our rule of thumb is that when everyone gets to know your name, it's time to go. LOL

Since we will be getting a late start and future family stuff, this year will not be an ambitious one. W will be heading downstream 3 days to Chattanooga, Tn. Spend 2 days there and then travel 2 more days downstream to Goose Pond Colony in Scottsboro, Al. Will probably spend a month there to get some engine work done with a friend of mine I met last year. After that we will be heading downstream again for another 2 days to Joe Wheeler State Park where we spent Summer of 2014 to spring of 2015. We loved it there and are able to get a covered slip again.

Next year promises to be a big travel year if we can get everything done.

Anyway, tomorrow morning will be fog and rain for a few hours and we will leave in it if it's not too bad. Otherwise, there is always Wednesday.

It would be nice to meet some members on here along the way.
Send e-mail to sailortonyb@yahoo.com and I will send my cell number.

BananaTom
05-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Happy Motoring

OLD HOUSEBOATER
05-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Have a great trip.

OHB

42gibson
05-03-2016, 02:29 AM
sunny skies and calm waters...enjoy

Dockmaster
05-07-2016, 05:50 AM
Motor on and have fun

Tony B
05-11-2016, 11:59 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the well-wishing.

We left Tellico Lake last week on Tues and took 3 days to get to Chattanooga. Man oh man, was it ever a windy trip. We stayed in 'Nooga for two days of play.We then took a long day and made it to Goose Pond Colony in Scottsboro, Al in one day (This past Sunday). The wind was still blowing but this time only at about 10-1 2MPH. We managed to dodge the T-Storms that were predicted.
We will stay here for anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to do some minor work on my engines. A friend of mine, that we met last year at Joe Wheeler will tell me what to do and I will do all the work. This guy can fix about anything. We were Doc neighbors for about 8 months at Wheeler.
When finished here, we will go back to Joe Wheeler where we are assured a covered slip. Probably stay till next spring and so we will have all this time to think about next year. Senior 'thinking' is a long slow process. LOL

BananaTom
05-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the update, Google Earth lets me see your route, and where you are.

Tony B
12-08-2016, 04:06 PM
We left Joe Wheeler State Park in NW Alabama a little less than 2 weeks ago. We passes by and stopped in to see Pirate for the night and now we are about 45 miles north of Mobile Al.
Tomorrow we hope to be at Turner Marine for a few days. Then onward to our first real destination - Gulfport, Ms. We will stay for several weeks, maybe a month. Then continue to our final destination of Kemah, Tx on Galveston bay.

Jolly Time
12-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Missed you when you came by here Tony. I hope you didn't caught in the winds last week. E dock at Midway was blown away!! Jolly Time

BananaTom
12-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Tomorrow we hope to be at Turner Marine for a few days. Then onward to our first real destination - Gulfport, Ms. We will stay for several weeks, maybe a month. Then continue to our final destination of Kemah, Tx on Galveston bay.

Welcome back South, I am heading to Daytona Beach (by car) for a week of work, (thanks Hurricane Mathew) or I would stop by and say hello. My son lives in Mobile with the new grand daughter, so we are over that way often.

Tony B
12-11-2016, 05:17 AM
............. I hope you didn't caught in the winds last week. E dock at Midway was blown away!! Jolly Time

We got there the very next day. Two friends of ours got there the day it happened. One boat tore a few cleats loose from the dock and was otherwise OK. The other boat suffered some scars and dock rash, but nothing serious. I understand that there were 6 people on the blue trimed houseboat at the time. Scarey but no one was injured. Sorry we missed you.

Tony B
12-11-2016, 05:23 AM
Welcome back South, I am heading to Daytona Beach (by car) for a week of work, (thanks Hurricane Mathew) or I would stop by and say hello.\.......
Sorry we missed you. We got here the night before last and will head to Biloxi probably Thurs morning. It was pretty rough Fri afternoon even for this far north in the bay, when the front was coming through.
Turner marine gave us a great weekly rate. It came out to less than 1/2 the normal rate.

BananaTom
12-17-2016, 04:39 PM
will head to Biloxi probably Thurs morning. .

So, are you in Biloxi now?

I just got back from Daytona Beach