PDA

View Full Version : Lighting up the toilets

GoVols
06-04-2013, 05:56 AM
I figured I'd start a new thread for this so I don't hyjack my other toilet thread. So, I'm doing a bunch of work on my toilets to get them in better working order. The Raritan Atlantes A5 toilets have a window on the back of the toilet to the macerator chamber so you can see if there's debris in the blades. I saw another boat last year that had LEDs taped to the outside of that window that would shine into the bottom of the bowl making the bowl blue. It's a cool and funny effect.

So, since I'm working on the toilets anyway, I bought 12 volt blue LEDs to put on mine. The LEDs will feed off the toilets' power supply to light up the toilet bowl. My boat has a red theme, so I was going to buy red LEDs, but my wife quickly told me that was not a good idea. I'll post some pictures once I get them installed.

Everyone will be dying to use my toilets.......I just hope I can get them to work better now!

Stmbtwle
06-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Hilarious! But it should help everyone's aim!

GoVols
06-04-2013, 08:58 AM
I need to go to the Hallmark store to find one of those musical cards that plays the song "Hit Me With Your Best Shot". I could pull the device out of the card and install it on the toilet lid to play each time some lifts the lid. Oh man, the possibilities are endless!

Endurance
06-04-2013, 10:56 AM
It's a wise man who listens to his wife on such matters. Especially when she's right.

Zilpo55
06-04-2013, 11:06 AM
HB Magazine often reprints threads from this forum. I'm thinking the editor won't pick this one. But I think it's a great idea. I have a spare LED from another project and will be pulling our guest head soon for work. Hmmmmmmm.

GoVols
06-04-2013, 01:52 PM
From what I've been told 2009 or 2010 model Raritan Atlantes A5 or A6 models are the last ones to have the clear macerator window. Newer models have a solid plastic lid.

GoVols
06-10-2013, 06:08 AM
$22 dollars later, here's the finished product! People get a good kick out of it. My boys were the 1st to discover they could turn the toilet from blue to green - you can figure that one out for yourself. :D

42gibson
06-10-2013, 08:30 AM
I have to admit its different.

Zilpo55
06-10-2013, 06:06 PM
My wife wasn't as impressed as I was. Go figure. Good job!

GoVols
06-11-2013, 06:53 AM
My wife made fun of me too, but in the end, she admist it's cool. Now I have the LED fever. I wonder what else I could do?

Garbage disposal? :rolleyes: