PDA

View Full Version : RiverChase houseboats?

CrawGator
05-26-2017, 02:39 PM
Hello all,

Wife and I are looking at houseboats in central Mississippi. There is a Riverchase 16x70 for sale locally. I cannot find any info on manufacturer. From discussions at the doc it appears it was a company that did custom builds. This one was special ordered. 2 Bed, one full bath and aluminum hull. 2 5.7 mercruisers for power.

Anyone know where I can find info on Riverchase? Looking for details on buuild methods, quality etc...

Thanks!

easttnboater
05-30-2017, 06:39 AM
I have never hard of them. There are a very few out there for sale. They look like any other houseboat from that era. Back then - in the 1990s - there were quite a few houseboat manufacturers that popped up and went away in just a few years.

CrawGator
06-07-2017, 12:19 PM
I am seeing the same thing. The person who had this boat built is a local boat dealer It is all aluminum from what I can tell so far. Windows that don't open (less chance of leak I am told), twin 5.7l motors. I am going by to find out more info from the original owner if I can.

I have never hard of them. There are a very few out there for sale. They look like any other houseboat from that era. Back then - in the 1990s - there were quite a few houseboat manufacturers that popped up and went away in just a few years.

easttnboater
06-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Unless you are buying a Thoroughbred or a Stardust, they are all pretty much orphans these days. They were all pretty much made the same way using the same construction techniques and parts. Non-opening windows is a little weird.

CrawGator
06-17-2017, 02:12 PM
Thanks! Is there somewhere that standard build info is located? Aluminum studs or wood? Types of insulation etc...

On the windows I was told they picked the non opening windows since the ones that open seem to leak more often. Not sure if true or not.

Stmbtwle
06-17-2017, 05:58 PM
Could be some advantage to that. Sealed windows won't be forgotten and left open for weeks, either.

easttnboater
06-19-2017, 06:26 AM
I have not seen any standard build info. Most aluminum hulled houseboats were built pretty much the same. You should look at several and you will see what I mean.

I have owned houseboats for over thirty years. I have had plenty of windows leak, but not because they were operational vs non-operational windows. All of the leaks that I have had were from around the perimeter of the window. You can actually tighten the mounting screws/bolts on most of the windows.

OLD HOUSEBOATER
07-16-2017, 07:30 PM
My memory tells me that there were about 10 of these built before the company went under. We owned 7 houseboats over 50 years. Non opening windows would not be a problem for me. We never opened the windows as all our boats were air conditioned. Leaks from the slider tracks were always a PITA

OHB

42gibson
07-17-2017, 02:33 AM
I've never had a boat that the windows didn't open and never a leak. we seldom use our air,we open all the windows and let the fresh air that's blowing up river keep the boat fresh and cool. now, I do admit we run the air at night but very seldom during the day.i personally would not have a boat with windows that didn't open but its all personal choice.