PDA

View Full Version : Found my new boat

JTAlberts
10-11-2013, 08:23 AM
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/4088822185.html

Talk about a ground up project. At least they already got it sandblasted. Just a wild guess, but I would think about $50k to finish that boat. I have no idea what engines and transmissions would cost. I am half tempted to buy it and just get the scrap money for the aluminum.

Fork-lift-king
10-11-2013, 10:17 AM
That would be a good buy for $3000.

Fork-lift-king
10-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Sorry, I put one to many zero's on that good buy. I mean $300.

GoVols
10-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Someone definitely bit off more than they could chew on that one! That's literally just a shell of a boat!

Stmbtwle
10-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Just the shell, but looks like a really good start for what could be a really nice boat. You can see what you have to do before buying and you wouldn't have to rip anything out.

BUT you have to have the skills, the money and the time.

JTAlberts
10-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Stmbtwle, I agree. If I had the time and money to do it I would give it a go. My biggest issue is the lack of knowledge on the transmission/engine side. More than likely it had a couple of 318s to power it, but I wouldn't know the first thing about getting it fitted with diesels if I would want to go that route. Getting the thing a quality paint job would be difficult to come by. Do any auto painters have mobile units or even travel to do that kind of work? I know you could roll and tip it but for the work you would put into this boat I would love to see a spray job.

I have way too much work to complete on my current boat to even think about getting into one like this.

easttnboater
10-15-2013, 06:19 AM
I would LINE-X it.

Stmbtwle
10-15-2013, 07:38 AM
There is a lot to be said for having what YOU want, not what some builder or previous owner thinks is good. A clean, fully-gutted hull offers a lot of options IF it's structurally sound. However a major rebuild costs FAR more in money and time than most folks realize, and without the skills it's pretty much prohibitive.

That said, if I'd come across this hull near me 12 years ago I'd have been on it like white on rice. I had everything I needed.

42gibson
10-15-2013, 08:09 AM
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/4088822185.html

Talk about a ground up project. At least they already got it sandblasted. Just a wild guess, but I would think about $50k to finish that boat. I have no idea what engines and transmissions would cost. I am half tempted to buy it and just get the scrap money for the aluminum.

in 2000 I redid a crest houser(pontoon houseboat) 15x43. I replaced the roof,the entire inside,the decks,plumbing,electrical and put a new 90 horse Johnson (6000$).back then the cost was 26,000 with a outboard and me doing all the work. its very expensive to say the least.