Being all acrylic they'll last outdoors for years. The new emblems are the same length as the old ones, but the new lettering is smaller because the logo is part of the total emblem, and that makes the emblems appear smaller than the old ones. But we're happy with it, they look real nice! It's a SklpperLiner again and not just 'the houseboat'...
was getting dark when I took the pics so they're a little fuzzy---
Maybe this'll kick-start me into getting the flybridge painted and some new graphics made up!
This took a while but it is finally done.
I ripped out the old carpeting and made new floor boards. The floor boards (8 total) make up about 95% of the floor. They are Teak and Holly Plywood.
I built a new settee from plywood and veneered it with walnut. Then sprayed with furniture grade lacquer.
The cushions and back were professionally made by a local upholsterer. We used very expensive stuff called "Ultra leather". Feels so nice and soft.
Since we are live-aboards, we want to be comfortable.
Total cost for salon was around $1500. Other than the upholstery, I did all the work.
looks really nice tony,good job.
Tony, I love that new floor! What a drastic improvement. Well done!
well we finally got the new hardwood floors in the main cabin area and all the carpet replaced in the cuddy. i put in new counter tops and all new faucets. we painted all the old dark paneling white( what a difference)we're going to the boat thursday and put all the new bilnds up.we had to move 300 ft of docks a half mile up the river over the weekend and when everything is hooked back up we should be ready to put back in.
Learned how the purisan works and thankfully it works just like its supposed to. I was preparing to buy new unit until I was schooled. Thankful for an honest parts dealer. Getting name put on fly bridge as we speak and cleaned engine compartment. I'm in restaurant business so my weekend is the beginning of everyone else's week. :-).
Shelf Guards for lack of the correct name. basically a retaining rail so stuff don't fall off the shelf.
Not much of a project but definitely necessary.
Sometimes I think Mainships were built with absolutely no thought given that they might actually be used on the water.
Most shelves and ledges have a 1" high lip. Now anything on your shelf over 1" high will take a nose dive with the
slightest bit of rocking, whether from a waves or wakes.
I just cut some strips of red oak 1/2" thick X 1 1/2" tall X whatever length I needed for the V-Berth and did the same with Teak in the forward head.
I try to keep the wood the same as what is already there. I went to Home depot and bought some strips of 1" wide X 1/8" thick aluminum strips.
I bent them into an "L" shaped bracket and cut to desired height (height). Then drilled the mounting holes - 2 into the shelf and 1 into the retaining strip or shelf guard. I used cap nuts on the screws coming through the wood strip so that no one will cut their fingers on a sharp edge. These are not the sturdiest retaining guards known to mankind but more than sufficient to do the intended job of preventing things from falling off the shelf.
I made my own "L" Brackets because the 'store bought' ones had the holes in the wrong places and didn't look as good either - at least , to me.
Where is the emoticon that says, "THIS POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!"
Originally Posted by 42gibson
Here it is, whoever's responsible for grabbing it and adding it to the list, go for it!
i'll try to get some pics when i get the furniture in this wekend.
Originally Posted by JTAlberts