Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maintenance Spread Sheet

Threaded View

Maintenance Spread Sheet

I've searched here on the forum and Googled this subject but with no luck. Has anyone made an Excel spread sheet covering a comprehensive (houseboat) maintenance schedule? I know for some people this is a subject that they have developed long-standing routine and don't need or want some sort of computer related hassle to add to their system. When you are new like me, you just want to make sure you don't overlook anything. I know this is a little bit of a "cheat" as far as doing the homework on learning how to do the right things the right way, but I just want to take care of what is a substantial investment for me.

If you have written one or would be nice enough to convert your "list/system" to Excel I would really appreciate it. If I have overlooked where this has been covered I apologize.

Thanks for reading.
    1974 Kingscraft 55x15
    1987 Ebbtide 190 Catalina Open Bow w/Mercruiser V8

http://www.kingscrafthouseboats.com

I don't have a spreadsheet. I have a short list of things i do on a regular basis each trip or every two trips out. This is a short list just like you have for a vehicle; check fluid levels, battery water, holding tank treatments, etc. But, what I do refer to a couple times a year that is a great reminder of all the various systems and components of the boat that need attention of some kind, is the marine survey that was done on the boat when we purchased it. It contains info on every single system on the boat and the major components that make up each system. While it isnt an all inclusive maintenance list, It is a good base to start an actual maintenance list / schedule.
    Last edited by Potis; 11-18-2012 at 06:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread