Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Living Aboard

its with davis marine insurance, albany ky. 800-977-0723.the carrier is atlantic speciality insurance co.

any exclusions or limitations on that policy? is it lakes and rivers only? I am just trying to reconcile this in my noggin'

"Dirt dwelling" - that is a new term. Made me laugh - also made me feel like a hobbit.

Called Davis and they wouldn't quote a policy in Florida. They apparently only insure on closed lakes and inland rivers. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 42gibson View Post
    its with davis marine insurance, albany ky. 800-977-0723.the carrier is atlantic speciality insurance co.

We talked to dozens of insurance companies, and each had a different far-fetched excuse for hanging up on us: Wooden hull? Horrors. Brackish water? Even worse. Southeast coast? Certain disaster. On and on. State Farm was willing to write liability-only and it wasn't unreasonable, but could not offer hull insurance. So finally, after years of frustrating search, we found that Amica would write hull insurance. Perhaps due to the unconventional nature of our craft, we needed to get a survey. You might give them a call: 1-800-892-6422, extension 45506, Ms. Miller. No claims, so I don't know how they respond, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

How about a list of the good reasons for living aboard.......
    1. The feeling of freedom.
    2. The gentle rocking of the boat at anchor.
    3. The pleasant sound of the crabs eating the Barnacles off your hull, putting you to sleep.
    4. The enjoyment of having a friend enjoy a libation with you on the bow/stern.
    5. The fun of wearing nothing but shorts all day and night. (Most women excepted)
    6. ?

6. The Ex took the house...

+ Reply to Thread