Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carri Craft

Carri Craft

I have been looking at a 57' Carri Craft to rebuild. It has twin, 6 cylinder Perkins diesel. Has anyone had any experience with these boats?

Super Moderator OLD HOUSEBOATER's Avatar
    Unique boats. Built like tanks. Due to the age a good survey is in order by a better than average Surveyor. Make sure you have insurance lined up prior to commiting. In their day they were a high dollar ride.

Keep us up to date with pictures. Is this the one in Florida?

We owned a 54 foot steel twin hulled version that predated the glass boat. Tryly ugly but a great party boat.
    The fries are cold so we gave you extra.

The owner started a remodeling job, about 5 years ago, and never finished it. Both engines checked out and run good. We did a sea trail of 40 miles on lake Okeechobee and it handled good. I was planning on gutting it and replacing most items for a live-aboard. Insurance will be liability only. We have a canal front lot for mooring with all services. The selling price is very reasonable.

I do like the hull design on the Carrie Crafts, they appear they wouldn't require much power at all to run displacement speed.

I passed on the deal. The wiring, plumbing and power are not a problem but, I'll be the first to admit that I am NOT a finish carpenter. At my age and only having the winter months to work on it' I would never finish it in time to enjoy it. Like old Clint Eastwood said, a man must know his limitations.

+ Reply to Thread