Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

Did anyone spend Thanksgiving on the boat? I enjoyed the story in the magazine section about the family spending theirs on the boat and having salmon. I'll take grilled salmon over turkey any day!
    Or any other unusual Thanksgiving stories or traditions?
    My sons are both married to girls who are blessed with large close families, so they spend turkey day with them. I'm the only family member on my side and a lousy cook to boot, so probably a good choice!
    This of course leaves me with the question of what to do with myself here in cold Indiana on Thanksgiving day. Sooooo, I flew to Key West and had fish taco's and margarita's at Margaritaville..............flew back home Monday night..........life is good!
    1986 Gibson 50'
    Twin 454 Crusaders
    Monroe Reservoir, Bloomington, IN

we have always cooked thanksgiving for the entire family. this year everyone wanted to cook at home so we went to everyones house and ate till we were sick. dan, i think yours sounds great with the exception of the fish tacos.......lol
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

No spent part of Friday on the boat with my dad having a few adult beverages, then about 2 we hit every VFW, AmVets and Legion hall between Aurora Indiana and Harrison Ohio (6 of them). Finished up about midnight, been doing this for several years now and they all know to look for us, and they look forward to my dads stories of misadventure during WW2.
    Last edited by Miller Tyme; 12-06-2012 at 06:36 PM.

We took possession of our first houseboat at the end of August. We REALLY wanted to spend Thanksgiving aboard, but it didn't work out. We will definitely ring in the new year. Looking forward to 2013!

+ Reply to Thread