Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reminder of how quickly things go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by easttnboater View Post
    The dumbest thing that they did was jump in the water and try to move the boat.
    Chuck Norris could have moved it.

E. TN, how did you decarbon the outboard? I have twin 4 strokes on mine and they idle a little rough, but run fine and don't smoke. I was told I need to have the 4 carbs / engine synchronized, but I think it's just a matter of having them cleaned.
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

Mine was a 2-stroke. I bought two cans of the Evinrude decarb spray. You should have seen the crap that blew out of the motor the first time. It embarrassed me because it created a big oil slick behind my boat. Also ruined the spark plugs.

Since yours are 4-strokes, I would see if they have drain plugs on the bottom of the carb bowls. If they do, I would open them up and see what drains out. You might have some water in the bowls. You might consider treating your gas with Seafoam. That stuff is old school.

I treat my fuel with that Startron enzyme stuff. It's supposed to be good at cleaning up dirty fuel and preserving it.
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

I put Johnson 2+4 fuel conditioner in everything I have,boats,snowmobiles,mowers,chainsaws. it keeps them running great.i put it in my end of year snowmobile gas,they sit for 50 weeks a year and they run flawlessly,no varnish in the throttle bodies,no plug fouling.its kinda pricey but I only use it once a year
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

+ Reply to Thread