Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shark Tank Idea, little help please

Shark Tank Idea, little help please

Covered slip, creates more of an issue. Looking to install downspouts on the corners.

What Id like to do is install tracks, for the drip pan to slide in an out, I need my rain water to be run out about 4 inches past the deck. We all know how theses extensions are designed to give way at the hint of contact.

So if someone knows where I got find track material that a piece of sheet metal not sure of the gauge something about the thickness of a license plate, could slide through.

Track mounted underside of top deck be able to slide pans in an out.

A flat surface not cupped or flanged will certainly be an improvement. Ah yes the pain in the a$$ of are they in an out I can deal with.

so any tips who or what home/lowes type product could be used for the track..... (for help 30% of the company pat. pending)

I also need downspouts. I was looking at RV stuff, but couldn't decide if it would work or not. Looks like they have tracks already?
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

I googled a similar issue, someone suggested the splice they use for heat an air metal duct work may work.

I have to get this rain (roof) water away from my boat, IM hoping the pans I slide in the track will work and be easy to replace.

Post pics when you fabricate it together. I've looked for bolt-on solutions, but none exist. Another problem with these spouts / gutters is the concern of hitting / rubbing other boats when you're tied up together. My neighbors all removed their factory original gutters due to this issue.
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

I made a set of gutters for a previous houseboat out of square vinyl downspout bought a Home depot. I cut the length as needed, then removed a portion of the top to create a gutter, then used removed piece to make the end of gutter ( glued in with silicone,5200,etc). Used a 45 degree fitting to direct flow over boat. The fitting is a slip fit and can be removed when needed to provide clearance. Used a few stainless screws to attach though back of the newly made gutter.

Worked Great and is still on the boat after 20 years.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Amerimax-...0583/100002915

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Amerimax-...0525/100067836
    Last edited by boatlover; 02-17-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    1991 Pluckebaum 70'
    13' Boston Whaler, 40hp Yamaha
    10' AB rib, 25hp Suzuki (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by GoVols View Post
    Post pics when you fabricate it together. I've looked for bolt-on solutions, but none exist. Another problem with these spouts / gutters is the concern of hitting / rubbing other boats when you're tied up together. My neighbors all removed their factory original gutters due to this issue.
    IM thinking instead of mounting the pans on the top edge of the corner that would require a slow curve I can mount on the under side of the top deck that way the drip pans can be square thus slide inside the tracks, not so much to slide in an out but easily replaced and functional, once I find the tracks etc ill post pics

+ Reply to Thread