Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ethanol Free Gasoline

paying through the nose at wal mart,..... teasing about a case, i have 2 containers on hand same brand one is more concentrated, home lots of engines 100 acres, everything has an engine

Super Moderator
    Most Marinas have non ethanol, I do, Outboards cannot run it. Most all Marinas inland have it. There are gas stations all over that have it and sell more here in this area than the other. My truck gets 20% more milage with it.

That's a good point Pirate, fuel mileage ratings for passenger vehicles are established using pure gas, not the E-10 junk. This accounts for the frustrating fact that one never realizes the published ratings on a car's window sticker.
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

Quote Originally Posted by GoVols View Post
    That's a good point Pirate, fuel mileage ratings for passenger vehicles are established using pure gas, not the E-10 junk. This accounts for the frustrating fact that one never realizes the published ratings on a car's window sticker.
    my wife bought a 2014 ford escape front wheel drive with he ecoboost 4 cyl (huge mistake) it was published 21 city/32 highway. actual milage 17 city/21-24 highway.the dealer told us to complain to ford or file a complaint with the bbb against ford but not them.....what a deal!
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Super Moderator
    Gas stations are selling both and going back to non ethonal as the best seller. Most marinas now in the South are going back to Non ethanol. It eats 2 cycle outboards alive, not to mention any 2 cycle chain saws etc. I will NOT SELL Ethonal Gasoline and do not put it in my cars. The Manual on my 04 t-bird says aviod the use of it. My old cars from the 50s and 60s sure do not need it. Some States such as Alalaka do not have it at all. Seems several articles are now showing studies that it is far worse on the enviroment that non ethnol. We need things like they used to be dial your octane at Sonoco and you could get 115- 145 if you went to the airport. Here is a link for non ethanol stations all over the country. My F 150 gets 25% better milage with the good stuff. http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp
    Last edited by pirate; 05-05-2014 at 02:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread