Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Building New Cabin on a Hull

That is why I have catwalks.

The wife and I have never really missed our side decks, and the extra space we pick up in width is great.

To be honest I don't miss the side decks, I'd rather have the space inside. Our situations are probably different, but I've learned to dock with a bow line rather than a spring (took me a while).
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

We go out and tie up all the time. The catwalks make it easy to run the lines up to shore, tie them off, and tighten them down on the boat. Current boat is 18' wide, so it is 16' wide inside.

Again, it boils down to how you use the boat. With my 12' beam, I can't afford to waste the space.

I've seen a couple times when it would have been nice to just walk up the side of the boat, but not often enough to make me regret my decision.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

I did see a houseboat one time that had a catwalk on the port side but none on the starboard. Best of both worlds?

I just got used to having catwalks. All three of the houseboats I have owned had them. I am not sure if you could order a new one with catwalks - I do not know if any of the current builders know how to do them anymore.

I've had catwalks on every boat I've had.it wasn't choice at first but now it is. I just like to go from front to back without going through the cabin,its easier to wash since we don't have docks down both sides of us. it also makes it easier to tie off in the locks and when someone wants to tie off for a cool one. thank god there are so many choices.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

BUILD ONE ,IT TOOK ME 10 YEARS TO BUILD MINE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBVYBEXDw5s

+ Reply to Thread