I am looking at purchasing a houseboat for a weekend and week long getaway, but I can't find any information on the manufacturer. I was hoping to post a thread asking if anyone has ever heard of Hydra Boat works out of FL. The year of Man. was 1968 and it is a 43 footer with a fiberglass hull. I was wondering if anyone has heard of them or had any experience with their houseboat model.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I have read the newbie guide on purchasing, and fiberglass isn't as good as aluminium but that also seems to be the only thing for sale that I wont have to pay to transport to the bodies of water I want to use it on (lake Marion/Moultrie in SC).

The guy has it posted on Craigslist for only $3000. ( http://charleston.craigslist.org/boa/4430008627.html )

At that price I know it will probably need a replacement of pretty much everything else inside, but I was thinking if the engine was running and the hull was in decent condition it might be the right price for me. The only other one that's possibly in my range is a steel hull, which the newbie thread said to stay away from.

I would appreciate any feedback you guys have, since you have more experience than I do at the moment.