Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your Stereo/Sound System

My Stero was installed in the lower helm, with a control installed on the upper helm. Meaning, I could turn it on, off, volumn, radioo, CD all from the upper.

I installed two speakers on the front deck, two in the cabin, Two on the sun deck, and two o the upper helm.

In the cabin I had 4 switches, that way I could insolate the music.

Mainly I would have the cabin off, and the upper, and the sun deck jamming while crusing.

That way, people inside could still hear themselvies talk.

My VHF radio had a ram mic in the upper helm, with the radio at the lower.

That way, when I was in the upper heading down the ICW, I could pick up that Ram Mic, and state:

Wife Bring me Another 6 pack ~~~ NOW!!!

While she was doing dishes and cooking food, you know, the woman's job.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaTom View Post
    While she was doing dishes and cooking food, you know, the woman's job.
    Dear Banana,

Thank you for steering this post into dangerous seas

In all seriousness, I am concerned. Do you have a cooler on the upper helm and adequate access to ice? I am concerned that if you have her bring you cold beer a six-pack at a time they will get warm. Can't she just bring them to you one at at time (ice cold)? I mean, if she complains, can't you just turn up that stereo? Xp

OUCH
    1974 Kingscraft 55x15
    1987 Ebbtide 190 Catalina Open Bow w/Mercruiser V8

http://www.kingscrafthouseboats.com

It's really nice when everything is on the same level (including the fridge).
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

Maybe I'm strange but even at home I prefer to pack my resources into a cooler with plenty of "ice". There's just something about a cooler, ice, and beer. They belong together.....

When we party from boat to boat, either on the dock or in a cove, each of us brings their own little mini-cooler (6-pack size or more) with their favorite beverages. When they leave, they take their empties in their cooler. That way, it's less trips up and down the stairs. Nothing cools better than ice. Except the stares from Banana Tom's wife. She doesn't read these, does she, BT?

Quote Originally Posted by KC55 View Post
    Do you have a cooler on the upper helm and adequate access to ice? I am concerned that if you have her bring you cold beer a six-pack at a time they will get warm. Can't she just bring them to you one at at time (ice cold)? I mean, if she complains, can't you just turn up that stereo? Xp

OUCH
    Heck yes, a little one. I do not want to carry a large one up there. So I bring a 6 pack at a time. I would not want to strain myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoreBound View Post
    Except the stares from Banana Tom's wife. She doesn't read these, does she, BT?
    No, I am safe here on HB Forum. I can talk crap all day long, and go home, and she will be folding my socks and ironing my underwear, like she is susposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoreBound View Post
    When we party from boat to boat, either on the dock or in a cove, each of us brings their own little mini-cooler (6-pack size or more) with their favorite beverages. When they leave, they take their empties in their cooler. That way, it's less trips up and down the stairs. Nothing cools better than ice. Except the stares from Banana Tom's wife. She doesn't read these, does she, BT?
    The sand bar we frequent lines up with boats from one end to the other most every weekend so I pack a larger portable cooler that will hold a half a case easily. As far as trash or empties are concerned it simply isn't an issue. Almost everybody places a trash-bag or receptacle on the front of their boat for trash. Nothing is said by anybody using anyone's container as they visit or pass by. But the unfortunate visitors who happens to disrespect our sandbar soon learn a community message on picking up after themselves. But the worst offenders of trashing up our boating area is by far the fisherman, who would ever think they'd be so disrespectful, but they simply are.

slightly off topic, but one thing I'm about tired of when we're staying on the boat, are the richard-heads with a half dozen speakers on their wake towers who think that EVERY body in the harbor wants to listen to 150 dB of distortion disguised as "music"...

Since my wife developed chronic migraines, MY days of loud music have been gone for a long time.

But I still have the equipment -- A large pair of studio monitors, a larger pair of Realistic Mach-2 speakers, and an even larger pair of Pioneer speakers with 18" woofers. I also have the means to make 'em LOUD: A 250 wpc Pioneer receiver and a pair of 500 watt Carver cube amps and a Carver pre-amp. I'd LOVE to put all 6 speakers on the upper deck, point 'em towards the ends of the launch ramps and just drown out the idiots with MY music...

...just long enough to get my point across!
    1988 SkipperLiner 53x14
    1995 Tracker Party Cruiser 32 *for sale*
    2003 Chaparral 260 SSI
    2000 Allegro Bus 40' DP

I will be updating my sound system soon. What are the brand of switches are you using and can you control the volume with them? We currently are using and old Radioshack video source selector switch, just using the audio and in reverse. Looking to split up the speakers and have volume control too.

+ Reply to Thread