Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: houseboat trailers for sale

houseboat trailers for sale

Before I go about getting a yard trailer built, does anyone have any knowledge of any for sale that would fit a 45' X 14'?

Do a search on Bing. I guarantee you'll find something.
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

There is a steel hulled houseboat sitting on a trailer in the early stage of being scrapped out right now beside my boat-club. That said yes it would likely work for your boat but it would still need a lot of attention especially if you intended to pull it the apx. 100 miles to Rayland. The simple fact is I'd be afraid to even pull or leave the yard with "any" houseboat trailer even empty from the boat club because the owners have let them depreciate to such deplorable condition. Meaning tires, bearings, and hubs.
    Respect Our Recreational Resources
    Leaving Only "Footprints of your Passing"

Boating on the Muskingum River
    1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
    2007 90 hp. Yamaha

I have been googling my brains out and I haven't been able to find anything yet.

Bamby, that is a bit of what I expected. What marina are you at? Any idea on cost and length?

PM Sent...

2007 90 hp. Yamaha

I will give him a call today. I found one in Kentucky that doesn't look in the greatest shape either. For the amount of money I might have in getting an existing one to work for my boat, I am going to price out getting one built for it. Nothing fancy, just a yard trailer.

There is one here in SE indiana offered to me for $300. One axle is missing the whole hub. The 2nd axle has both hubs but only one rim & tire. All of the plywood on the deck is rotted and warped.
    Quakertown Marina, Dunlapsville IN. If you call tell them you are trying to get ahold of Steve who moves the houseboats.

Captmark, do you have any idea on the length of the bunks?

Bamby, I called the guy and he said he might keep it to haul firewood. He said he would have his girlfriend call me.

Quote Originally Posted by JTAlberts View Post
    Captmark, do you have any idea on the length of the bunks?

Bamby, I called the guy and he said he might keep it to haul firewood. He said he would have his girlfriend call me.
    Those bunks are I'd guess at least 45 feet. I think it had a 50+ foot boat on it at one time. I think the trailer is like 11 feet wide. There are braces on each side of the bunks on the inside. I was going to have to cut those away to get my Crest on it because the distance between pontoons on my boat was too narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JTAlberts View Post
    In reality it's a real shame. The trailer appears to be better constructed and in far better shape than any of the other houseboat trailers in the yard. As far as making a firewood hauler out of it is a pipe dream IMHO. The trailer is constructed out of heavy steel I beam's and even empty would nearly exceed the capacity of his one ton truck to pull it. To each his own I suppose.

2007 90 hp. Yamaha

+ Reply to Thread