Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mold / Mildew Removal

Mold / Mildew Removal

I had ugly black stains on our composite deck and canvas from mold / mildew/ algae.
    I sprayed it down with some of that stuff they sell to remove the black streaks from roofs.
    It takes weeks for it to have full effect but it has removed 90% of the stains.

There's also chemicals that kill mold / mildew from patio and decking around pools that you can buy. My neighbor sprays it on his carpets and it keeps them pretty clean. I can't remember the name of the stuff, but you can buy it at any pool supply store. It works much faster than stuff you mentioned.
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

we had a 32ft chris craft and it got mold and mildew on the inside cabin walls over a winter as it was stored. a marina about 50 miles from me sold me some stuff made by "chomps" it was a mold and mildew killer. I sprayed it on and it instantly removed it all and it never came back. I found it on e-bay for 28$ a gal.delivered.
    Last edited by 42gibson; 06-21-2014 at 04:20 AM.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Quote Originally Posted by GoVols View Post
    There's also chemicals that kill mold / mildew from patio and decking around pools that you can buy. My neighbor sprays it on his carpets and it keeps them pretty clean. I can't remember the name of the stuff, but you can buy it at any pool supply store. It works much faster than stuff you mentioned.
    I use this stuff on the corner of the swim platform that's carpeted an it removes the mold an mildew fast an easy spray and dry sweep it away

+ Reply to Thread