Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moving my boat to GA

Moving my boat to GA

After accepting a job in southern Georgia and relocating with my wife, I will be moving my boat from South Holston in TN to Clarks Hill Lake on the GA/SC border. I have already signed the contract with Dreams in Motion. It looks like we will be moving it either the week of July 7th or the week of July 21st. This will be the fifth time that I have moved a houseboat - it is always a unique experience.

Anyway, I am sad to be leaving South Holston after being there twenty years, but am looking forward to exploring a new lake.

Remember to disconnect your batteries. Good luck!

Looks like you'll have to change your user name now there ETN! LOL! Congrats on the new job! You must really love that boat to be moving it as much as you are. I'd take it as an excuse to sell it and buy a new one!
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

good luck on the move and the new job
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Started the new job three weeks ago - so far, so good. Did not want to change jobs at my age, but life did not ask my opinion.

This will only be the second time that I moved this particular boat. My wife said that it had to go with us - who am I to argue? Also, you cannot sell a houseboat where I live in northeast TN for squat. For what I will get out of it where it is, I would only be able to get something 10 ft shorter and 2 ft narrower in GA. The move cost itself is not really that bad considering that it is going through four states - TN, VA, NC, and SC. I could actually make money by moving it and selling it down in GA.

As far as my name on here, I still consider myself to be a TN boy, so I will leave it alone.

Good luck with everything. Maybe the new handle will be "Xtnboater"???
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

Movers are scheduled to come late Monday afternoon. Not sure if we will get it on the trailer Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. Tear down on Tuesday. Move on Wednesday/Thursday. Rebuild on Thursday/Friday. Splash on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by easttnboater View Post
    Movers are scheduled to come late Monday afternoon. Not sure if we will get it on the trailer Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. Tear down on Tuesday. Move on Wednesday/Thursday. Rebuild on Thursday/Friday. Splash on Friday.
    you forgot to say "subject to change" lol. I did use dreams on a move of a 15x52 playcraft and he was on time and got it moved on time.
    Last edited by 42gibson; 07-03-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Yeah - the first time I moved this boat was delayed by a month because that mover's shop building caught on fire. Unless something like that happens, I think it will be OK. He slotted me before a big move of a boat to CA.

Picture! Take pictures!
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

+ Reply to Thread