Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Newbie seeking advice on which old houseboat to buy for major renovation/modern home

It sounds as if you're looking to maybe build a floating house? The big obstacle to overcome is going to be waste, how to both store and dispose of it. Even in a marina situation it often necessitates to need to move the boat to the pump-out station to properly dispose of it.

In the event you do decide to build your own designing, and building a functional waste storage and disposal system is in reality a bigger perplexing problem to overcome that will require a lot more thought than it would outwardly seem to get it right.

Maybe consider something suitable for your needs, after all we all soon realize there is enough work involved in cleaning and maintaining them. A couple to maybe consider.

2007 Myacht Pontoon Houseboat 45X15

1987 Sumerset 14x60 Houseboat
    Respect Our Recreational Resources
    Leaving Only "Footprints of your Passing"

Boating on the Muskingum River
    1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
    2007 90 hp. Yamaha

Super Moderator
    I think a 44 or 55 ft kingscraft would be ideal as you would have the room to do as you wish. draft is about 24 inch's. You can get them at a reasonable price. Pluckabaum also comes to mind and would fill the bill, I am sure you could find one that need remodeled. I just like a full hulled boat. Good luck in your search.

+ Reply to Thread