What is new with the Carl Craft owners?

Super Moderator
    I think they are all asleep, had a 37 with 454s, 53 mph BOAT

I had a 57'.
    1991 Pluckebaum 70'
    13' Boston Whaler, 40hp Yamaha
    10' AB rib, 25hp Suzuki (for sale)

Super Moderator
    I helped build the first 57. I sold it when I had anchor high marina in Hendersonville just outside of Nashville. Sold the first Carlcraft to Dave Wachtell President of Shoneys.

We have a 57, hence the name. A 1978. We have converted her to a year round liveaboard in a marina. She is set up as a one bedroom cottage. I basicly gutted and did a new layout inside. Kitchen with full size fridge, Force10 propane stove/oven, dishwasher, full size Convection/Micro, Corian countertops custom. Everything inside replaced, plumbing, electrical, everything. Vacuflush head. The boat is all freshwater, no raw water flush.. Our dock is within hose length to the pumpout machine.
    Yesterday we hauled out by travel-lift( 70 ton machine with 4 spread straps) there are 22 jack stands in position. To prepare, as Pirate knows, you have to take into consideration the stern's weight. So, I pulled the two 454's( 350Hp chevy) Crusaders, transmissions, and drives. (being at dock full time we never need them) we are sailors and in the next slip is our 38 West Indies sailboat.
    When relaunched next spring there will be an outboard mounted so we retain the boat status. She has been a very good boat to us and provided a very comfortable home for these past four years. Now we are bottom painting and tending to soft deck repairs. we will continue the cottage theme for the outside with a vinyl Cape Cod shake trim. And abit more.
    So, that is what has been happening with this Carl Crafter.

+ Reply to Thread