houseboat magazine
Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2006 Sailabration Houseboat 16'X66' - $165000 (Antioch, TN)

2006 Sailabration Houseboat 16'X66' - $165000 (Antioch, TN)

This is a 2006 model 16'X66' Sailabration pontoon-style houseboat made by Sailabration Houseboats, located in Powell, TN. The boat is currently located on Percy Priest Lake at Four Corners Marina on K-Dock in Antioch, TN. It has a side hallway floor plan with 2 cabins, 2 full bathrooms, full galley, salon, upper and lower helms, covered party top with bar, water slide, jet ski ramp, and brand new front porch enclosure. Thanks to the side hallway, the master cabin is a private get-a-way with a queen bed and its own bathroom. The guest cabin has queen-size bunk beds. Between all 3 beds and the fold-out couch in the salon, it'll sleep 8 people.

A pontoon houseboat has many inherent advantages over mono hull houseboats. This vessel displaces a fraction of the amount of water than a mono hull making it lighter and more nimble, so gas-guzzling V6s or V8s aren't necessary for propulsion. This boat is powered by modern fuel efficient twin 90hp Honda Marine 4 stroke gasoline outboard engines that are mounted on the far corners on the stern of the boat. With the engines in that location, the vessel is highly maneuverable, even without expensive and maintenance laden thrusters. Docking is considerably easier as the vessel is capable of turning on its own axis using only the throttles. By design, outboards engines are easier to perform maintenance on and don't require winterization. This allows you to go on cruises in the dead of winter, if you like! Only the 12.5KW Westerbeke generator's wet exhaust requires winterization, which is accomplished in as little as 5 minutes. This boat is very easy to pilot. It tracks straight with little steering input when underway and turns with little effort from the wheel. It is truly a pleasure to captain!

Other vessel features:
    12.5KW Westerbeke generator with approx. 340 hrs
    3K watt Xantex inverter with 8 AGM batteries
    3 ton Marine Airrrr central HVAC
    Upper and lower helms with MMC throttle controls
    Full galley with full-size Kenmore appliances
    Brand new front porch enclosure installed in spring of 2014
    Covered party top with bar, sink, 40" TV, and awesome stereo
    6 cable outlets throughout boat.
    - 4 TVs mounted in master cabin, guest cabin, salon, and party top.
    (The new 40" TV is moved from party top to front porch when it gets cool outside)
    Navigation spotlight with controls on both upper and lower helms
    Fortress anchor with 100' of anchor rode
    Shorepower, Single 250v/50a w/25' cord
    140 gallon fresh water tanks
    75 gallon black water tank
    2 -- 70 gallon fuel tanks
    25 gallon water heater

There is nothing wrong with this boat and I've made many improvements since we bought it in Fall 2011. I have installed LED rope lights, TV, and stereo in the party top as well as speakers on the back porch to listen to music while swimming. The front porch enclosure was just installed in Spring 2014 and we hired someone to make custom Sunbrella fabric cushions for the front porch furniture that matches the boat. The salon's recliner was new last year as was the 4 chairs around the galley table. Up top, the 6 person patio table was added and the smoker / gas grill combo will stay with the boat.

We've taken very good care of this boat since we bought it in Fall 2011. Engine maintenance has been routine as well as overall vessel cleaning, buffing and waxing each year, despite being kept in a covered slip year-round.

We've made a lot of great memories on this boat and I'm very sad to sell it. My kids are more involved in sports and school activities now which are encroaching on our lake time. As such, the boat has become more of a day boat for us, which we simply can't justify keeping it for. My asking price is $165,000.

To view pictures, you can check Nashville's Craigslist or provide me your e-mail address in a PM and I'll e-mail them to you. This site is very finicky when it comes to posting pictures.
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

Come and get it folks! It's now $159,990! I'll even throw in 140 gallons of gas with that.
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

+ Reply to Thread