Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Im new and would like to introduce myself....

MM 101.1 on the Ohio River - Moundsville Wv

Im new and would like to introduce myself....

Hi there, I just wanted to take a few and tell you about my family and our Houseboating lifestyle. My name is Mike and my wife is Korrie. We have three children, and we all live on the Mountaineer at MM 101.1 on the Mighty Ohio river (Riverhouse yacht club Moundsville WV) The Mountaineer is a beautiful 67' pluckebaum coastal cruiser. We have lived on a 38' burnscraft for 8 months a year for the past few years, and just acquired the Plucky in July. We bought the boat with a blown engine and contracted with Dennis Pluckebaum (One of the most stand up Guys in the Marine industry) to install a new engine and perform other maintenance. Just a few weeks ago, my wife and another couple got in a rental car, drove to Prospect Ky and took possession of our boat. Twenty Minutes after Dennis finished sea trials to check out the new engine we headed north. We left Tuesday evening at 8 and travelled home 500 miles to moundsville and got here early Friday morning. The trip deserves it's own post in itself and I will tell more about my 500 mile 2 1/2 day maiden voyage more later on. I just wanted to say hi and tell you all a little about ourselves. We plan on traveling a couple thousand miles starting in the spring and we just wanted to start making lifelong boating friends we would otherwise maybe never encounter.

Mike and the Crew of the Mountaineer
    Mountaineers are always free... Or at least until your taxes go unpaid.

Welcome, Mike and crew. You have found a great bunch of people even though we have varied ways to use our houseboats. I would love to see pictures of your 500 mile adventure!

Super Moderator OLD HOUSEBOATER's Avatar
    Mike We lived aboard 7 years at Joe Wheeler Marina, in Rogersville Alabama. We had a 55 Plucky. Nothing better out there. ENJOY!
    The fries are cold so we gave you extra.

welcome mike, were downriver from you in Marietta mm172 just up the Muskingum about a mile.we have a 44 Gibson executive which is in Cincinnati for the winter getting a new roof. you will absolutely love that pluckebaum!!!!
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

We took a trip down your way in mid July. We went up past you on the muskingum to the first lock. It was quite an experience turning around in that white water with a single screw 38' kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer 67 View Post
    We took a trip down your way in mid July. We went up past you on the muskingum to the first lock. It was quite an experience turning around in that white water with a single screw 38' kite.
    that's a bad area by that lock at devola. we lost a prop,shaft and rudder,the rudder made a 10 in gash through the hull on our old boat 2 years ago right between the channel markers. we don't go north past the city ramp anymore...lol
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Welcome, and looking forward to the 500 miles story

Mike,

I dock at Warwood. We have never officially met but have talked a couple times when you had the shop. Welcome aboard! Mick showed me some video you took when bringing your boat up river. Looks great.

Hi JT, I remember talking to you about your Kings Craft and getting the bottom taken care of. I read your blog and see that you conquered that obstacle and many others since. My wife and I plan on staying on the Mountaineer at least until Jan. I hope we don't get the deep freeze we had last year.... Yikes. I am working on building a trailer for the mountaineer as speak. I had my guys drag out a bunch of steel and we are about to get started. I don't know how to post pics or video. Otherwise I could put up the video of us pulling the boat out at Pluckebaums launch with an old WWII military truck. JT, I would love to have you and your wife down on the boat here in the near future. Maybe you guys can hook up with Mick and Denise and come down for a visit this weekend. We didn't buy a boat this big to keep it to ourselves.

That would be awesome. I have since moved on from the Kingscraft. I have a 41ft Marinette Seacrest houseboat now. The best thing I have found for uploading pictures is Photobucket. You can upload straight from your phone and paste in the links. I would suggest uploading videos to youtube and paste in the link.
    Last edited by JTAlberts; 11-04-2014 at 03:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread