Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Im new and would like to introduce myself....

Mike

Welcome to the site and the Plucke family. You are right about Dennis and Teresa, Great people. It's fun watching them trailer a 60-85' boat like it's a 20' runabout (been there). Please share some details about the boat ( year, motors, where you found it, Pics).

I have a 91 70' Pluckebaum up river from you on the Beaver River at ( OH mm 25). We have been past Moundsville quite a few times and have put about 4000 miles under the keel.

If you have any questions, want to chat about Pluckes, or are heading toward Pittsburgh and need a place to stay please contact me.

Dave
    Here is a picture of my boat and this pic is on the Pluckebaum Website.

Last edited by boatlover; 11-05-2014 at 07:49 PM. Reason: posted wrong city
    1991 Pluckebaum 70'
    13' Boston Whaler, 40hp Yamaha
    10' AB rib, 25hp Suzuki (for sale)

Those boats are just gorgeous. If I had the $$ and the place to dock it I would be all over it.

Hey, Mountaineer family! I'm going to be looking forward to a little vicarious houseboat travel, when you get your saga and photos uploaded. We live on the western end of the Albemarle Sound of North Carolina, and our homemade houseboat is a perennial work-in-progress. One of these days....someday... in the mists of future time, we might actually go farther than 25 miles from home, but it won't be this year...again. So vicarious boating it is. It seems somebody forgot he had retired to become a full-time boat-builder, and was lured back into medicine. Temporarily, of course. Now I'm lucky to grab him for an afternoon repair project, never mind the ludicrous thought of actually finishing the thing. Nonetheless, we're having a good time close to home with our strange boat, and before long, it will be a floating Christmas guesthouse full of exuberant grandchildren. But I'm starved for maritime adventure, so do publish the sagas.
    Is The Loop in your plans? If so, mark our charming Inner Banks of NC town on your chart for a stop to rest and recuperate. Will cook for good stories of long-distance houseboating.

MM 101.1 on the Ohio River - Moundsville Wv
    Hi everyone, I have yet be able to get photos uploaded. We haven't stayed at home since we brought the Mountaineer Home a month ago, and Korrie just now got the WiFi hooked up on the docks. Korrie is a Journeyman electrician, I will enlist her to get some photos up on here... Aren't I lucky. Anyhow I at least want to tell u guys about the boat. It is a 1980 67' bay master. She has twin 3208 turbo cats @ 260 hp. She has straight drives with 3:1 twin disc transmissions, 2 1/4 shafts and 24x32 pitch props. She tops out at 22 mph @ 2800 rpm and cruise nicely at 1900 rpm @ 14 mph. She has two gennys, a 20 kW Koehler and a12kw onan. She holds 600 gallons of fuel and 550 gallons of fresh water. The boat was completely remodeled inside and out 2008-20012 including new exterior paint, new windows, all new interior, new canvas, electronics, plumbing, all new electric ( 100 amps). New five ton water furnace, all new carpet, appliances, etc. etc. The previous owner had bought the boat in Missouri, took it to Louisville, and proceeded to redo the entire thing, used it a few times, was forced to move to Florida, put the boat up for sale, came back and took it to the boat races at Madison and blew one of the engines up. He dropped the price considerably and next thing you know I am the new owner. I can't wait to tell you guys about the journeys we took trying to find the perfect houseboat,and all the craziness that led up to us getting the Moutaineer. We looked at tons of boats, and put money down on two others that fell through ( thank God). The purchase of the Mountaineer almost fell thru at one point and was hindered by a shady broker and a guy who didn't have enough money to purchase her but wanted to keep us from getting it. He went as far as to go to the loisville yacht club where the boat was docked and tell dock neighbors he had purchased the boat.... Lol. Thats a story in itself.... When we showed up and started washing our new boat they though we were hired by that duche bag to detail his new boat. Lol. Any how we had Dennis install a remanned 3208, new bottom paint, straighten props, new motor mounts, and several other items. Dennis is the man when it comes to anything boating, and that is coming from a guy that has been In the Marine industry since I was a teenager. He gave me quotes of the work he was going to perform, and when it was all said and done every bill I received was lower than what he and Teresa quoted me. Pluckebam works on and services all kinds of boats big or small and I recommend him highly. I will never forget his laughing his ass off at me as I was backing out of the slip just about smashing about five other large yachts as we started our maiden voyage home. It was Tuesday evening and we had to be home by the weekend. You see I never had piloted anything even close to this beast, and now was faced with driving it 500 miles up river starting at dusk. There is a lock master down there at that first lock we came to who is probably still laughing his ass off at my antics In His lock chamber. We learned how to use radar real quick and were ever so thankful for the Carlisle and finch spot light ( we nicked named it the mechanical sun). Tug boats thought we were another tug at times because of the awesome light. Things smoothed out near Cincinatti and we started to get the hang of piloting such an awesome machine. We kept logs and took notes all along the way. We started out on this journey three days late, and pretty much drove straight through to ripely OH where we stopped for four hours, we left there and went straight to Phil's holiday point marina in Franklin Furnace Oh ( that place is awesome in my book and Phil and his Mechanic are great, we are planning a trip there next summer) we stayed at Phil's for 12 hrs and then drove straight thru the last 240 approx miles ending up at home port Friday morn. I guess we avg 15 mph and got nearly a mile to the gallon never shutting down the generator except at Phil's holiday point. I had never even seen a radar unit before, and after using one would never travel again any long distances at night without one. It clearly showed the channel markers, tow boats, shoreline, and prob saved us on a number of occasions. I must also mention that I have to give thanks and credit to our Heavinly Father- their were too many close calls and coincidences that all ended In our favor thoughout the journey of all the trips looking for our new boat all the way down to pulling into the docks at home port after traveling in 70 to 80 degree dry weather the whole way, and having a thirty degree temp drop, and a huge wind/ rain storm that started fifteen minutes after we got home. From the time I signed the sales contract to getting the boat home was the longest three months of our lives. Our children never even seen the boat until we got home. They were overjoyed to say the least when mom and Dad finally got the Mountaineer home. Abigail is 13 Zayne is 10 and Natalie is also 10. They have grown up on the water and enjoy the boat life as much more than Korrie and I. We can always get them to mind their manners by threatening them with having to go and stay at home for a while.
    Well I'm starting to ramble now. I can't wait to share more of our boating story. I have owned a marina and have rebuilt no less than a dozen house boats including new stringers, new transoms, engine and drive conversions, etc. etc. in my short life ( I'm 38) I have had drag boats, hydroplanes, wood boats, cruisers, etc and currently have a 24' single engine offshore boat that will run close to 90mph. My entire life has revolved around boats and water. I hope I can contribute some of my marine knowledge to help others on here in their quests to get on the water.
    Last edited by Mountaineer 67; 11-05-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    Mountaineers are always free... Or at least until your taxes go unpaid.

http://images.boats.com/resize/1/61/...20111434_1.jpg Engines

Here is the write up on the internet add for the sale of the boat. It is still online. You can find it by just doing a google search for 1980 pluckebaum baymaster. There are a lot of pictures of the boat on the add in case you wanted to look before I figure out how to post them. lol

This is undoubtably the finest Pluckebaum Baymaster on the water. Absolutely PERFECT!! The owners purchased her in 2007 and then proceeded to completely rebuild the entire interior. All new appliances, beautiful plush new carpet, new wall coverings, new thermal pane windows, new fuel tanks, new water tanks, new drapes and window treatments, new geo-thermal 5 ton air and heat system, new paint, new ceiling headliner, new furniture, new beds and spreads, new electronic flush heads, new flat screen HD TV's, new high-end furniture, you name it! And all first class stuff! She has two generators, the upgraded turbocharged Caterpillar engine packages, straight drives, (not V-drives), for better speeds and durablity.
    Owner has over $400k invested. Your benefit.

Total Power: 260

Tanks

Fuel: 600
    Fresh Water: 555
    Holding: 30

Generator

Kohler 20 KW generator with 841 hours and Onan 12 KW generator with 3266 hours

Galley

Stove - New 4-Burner smooth top GE
    Oven - GE Advantium with microwave
    Microwave - Jenn-Air
    Dishwasher - GE Quiet Power
    Ice Maker - Qty 2 (1 in refrig and 1 on Flybridge)
    Wet bar on flybridge
    Disposal in galley - New 2008
    Counter top - Custom Formica Charcoal

Electronics

VHF - STD Horizon at lower station
    Denth Finder - STD Horizon Digital Qty 2
    Engine Syncronizer - Glendinning Sync dual station
    Search light - Carlisle Finch with dual remote
    GPS - Garmin GPS/MAP 182C
    Radar - JRC Rasterscan JMA2254 with 367 hours
    Stereo - Maxima Marine 12V AM/FM
    Horns - Air horns buell with 4 trumpets with 110 Volt air compressor pressure gauge at helm
    Raytheon Ray350 Loudhailer

Electrical

Dockside cord
    50 amp - 220 volt Qty 2
    Battery charger - Qty 2 (24 volt and 12 volt)
    2 Galvanic isolation transformers
    Cablemaster

Deck and Hull

Davit - upper deck
    Swim / boarding ladder
    Windlass
    Radar arch
    Anchor and line
    Docking lights - in bow
    Insulation package
    Davit
    Dockside water
    Fenders
    Transom platform
    Flybridge
    Bimini top - 2 years old with SS frame
    Helm chairs - Pedestal Pompanette Captain Chair at lower helm

Mechanical

FW strainers - all systems
    Hour meters - Qty 4
    Oil changer system
    Fresh water wash down
    Spare props
    Spare shaft
    Washer / Dryer - 220 volt
    Hot water - 30 gallons
    Complete New Geo Thermal "Water Furnace" 5 ton system - New 2007
    110 Volt and 12 Volt backup fresh water pump

Accomodations

Staterooms : Aft - Second salon or extra stateroom
    Forward - Master queen
    SideBedspreads and pillow shams - New 2008
    Drapes - New 2008
    Headliner - New padded vinyl
    Window cornices - New 2008
    DVD/CD Surround Sound System Panasonic in salon
    Vizio 26" flat screen HD TV in master stateroom with Phillips DVD player
    Select Comfort Queen Bed in master
    TV's - New 32" Vizio flat screen HD in salon

Heads

Head - Qty 2 Techma Fresh Water Flush
    Shower - Qty 2
    Exhaust fans - Qty 2
    Air conditioning in heads

Additional Info

Complete Interior Refit - Spring 2008
    New Thermal Windows - 2007
    New Water and Fuel Tanks - Spring 2010
    Last edited by Mountaineer 67; 11-05-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Seems like the first trip on a new boat is always adventurous to say the least. You should speak a bit on the houseboat you had with the crazy big block in it.

I have to replace my prop shafts next spring. Hopefully I can coax you into giving me some pointers.

No problem Jaime, I would love to help. I still have that boat... It is a 1978 38'x12' Burnscraft. What a sweet house boat it is. It has an 2006 fuel injected 496 mag mercruiser in it. That thing will run darn near thirty mph at 4400 rpm. and even gets better than 1 MPG at full throttle. I have even beaten several "speed boats " trying to race me... that's always fun. I have it put in the back of the shop and we are fixing a couple minor things on it before I put it up for sale in the spring. In June I installed a brand new Westerbeke 7.0 fuel inj safe co generator in it. It has a newer interior, newer 2 ton reverse cycle heat pump, new stainless blinds, nice trailer, and many other new upgrades I cant even think of. I wouldn't hesitate getting in that boat and taking it all the way to mobile bay. Someone is going to end up with one bad A** Burnscraft to say the least.
    Last edited by Mountaineer 67; 11-05-2014 at 07:23 PM. Reason: spelling

I saw you leave the Italian Fest I think. That thing was crazy!

very nice mike,you will get years of enjoyment out of her. the river trip is awesome,we took ours down to cinci at the end od September to Washington marine for a new roof and some minor repars and will bring it back in the spring,awesome trip. we took 3 days for our 300 miles trip.we stayed at gallipolis yacht club the first night,fueled at holiday point the 2nd day then on to Shawnee state park for the night,the 3rd night we stayed at manhattan harbor. great trip but we traveled daylight hours only.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Screwed up earlier post. Meant to say been past Moundsville and typed Morgantown instead. Guess I am getting old. LOL
    1991 Pluckebaum 70'
    13' Boston Whaler, 40hp Yamaha
    10' AB rib, 25hp Suzuki (for sale)

+ Reply to Thread