Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Im new and would like to introduce myself....

MM 101.1 on the Ohio River - Moundsville Wv
    Hi Dave, I knew what you meant... I have seen Your boat before in pictures and have heard about it through the boating circles. It sure is awesome. I could t be happier with my Plucky, heck we haven't stayed a night at home since we got back. We plan to head your way several times next year and look forward to hooking up with you. Our dock neighbors have a fifty foot Gibson Wide Body( The Miss Priss) and they have told us about how much they like to stay up on the beaver river when they are passing through.
    Mountaineers are always free... Or at least until your taxes go unpaid.

Mike

I am at the Beaver Valley Yacht Club on the Beaver. We offer Complementary dockage to all boaters passing though the area. All we ask is that you would be willing to reciprocate if possible.
    We also have 3 functions in the summer, open to all. A Lobster and Shrimp dinner in June and Sept, and a Party/ Regatta in Aug.

I will Pm you personal contact info should you venture this direction.

Hopefully some days we will meet and share the stories behind the purchase of our boats.

http://www.boatlocal.com/bvyc/pages/home

Dave
    Last edited by boatlover; 11-06-2014 at 08:08 PM.
    1991 Pluckebaum 70'
    13' Boston Whaler, 40hp Yamaha
    10' AB rib, 25hp Suzuki (for sale)

Well Dave I would be more than happy to take you up on your offer. My family owns a private club ( Close Friends and Family ) named the River House Boat Club. It is located just north of the Moundsville bridge in front of the A-Frame river house. We have approx. 350' of docks. I would be more than happy to reciprocate with your club. My wife has been following along this forum and she said we definitely want to be there for the lobster cook, and the Regatta. We are helping a couple friends get there house boats ready to be able to do some of our shorter distance travelling with us also. We love to travel in our plucky.... I lay awake in bed at night and Dream of the day my wife and I can say "Good Bye everyone one....See you next year....We will call You when we get to the Bahamas". Do you plan on doing any Traveling south next year? Maybe we could hook up and head south for a few weeks. This goes for anyone else on here. It would be cool if maybe there was a festival or club party where a lot of us could get together at next summer. I know at some point next summer we would like to make the trip south to Franklin Furnace OH and hang out at Phil's Holiday Point Marina for a while, and try to hit as many stern wheel festivals, boat club party's, etc. along the way both directions.

I plan on a few longer trips myself once I get the drive line taken care of in my boat. Right now I wouldn't have the confidence to run it 8 hours straight.

What do you have going on Jaime? Bent shafts?

That is what I believe to be the issue. The port side shafts rotates but also has an egg shape travel to the while shaft. I hit something after the stern wheel and after that the starboard now has a horrible vibration above 1200 rpms. I figure the props were bent up as well but they look perfect.

Where is your boat at Jaime? On a trailer at Rayland? When were you planning on removal of the props and shafts? Let me know and if I'm able I would come give you a hand.

It is up at Rayland on 42Gibson's trailer that he let me borrow for this off season. I will probably be doing it next weekend. I am finishing up some mechanical work on a car I am fixing up this weekend and then it is back to the boat.

Mike,

How was the cold last night on the boat? It was/is freezing out.
    Last edited by JTAlberts; 11-18-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Hi Jamie, it has been pretty cold. Thankfully my five ton revers cycle water furnace is keeping up just fine, it hasn't had to kick on the energy electric heat just yet. I added some handrails and some treads on the boat docks to combat ice and snow. Moving home has crossed my mind, but the wife and kids are all about sticking it out until at least early January. I was going to winterize it and dock it at Rayland, but now I have a new plan. I'm going to reconfigure the walkway on the dock and hope for the best. I am still in the process of building the trailer and I'm now looking for an old semi truck or five ton military truck to haul it out. Pulling over forty tons out of the water on the old ferry landing isn't going to be a cake walk, but after seeing it done in Kentucky with our boat, I have hope I can do it as well.

+ Reply to Thread