AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: looks like Gibson will reopen

Super Moderator

looks like Gibson will reopen

Gibson could well reopen after the first of the year. In addition to the current line of boats a trawler type will be introduced with Yen Mars for power. Boats will be custom built per buyers instructions. They will also offer a work boat with push knees on it. It will be 14X37 and will be less than half the price of a 10 X 28 regular workboat. A day type non overnighter will be offerd as a 12X 36 with galley head and shower. Deck will be open like a pontoon. We are going to have fun. A network of dealers is being set up, let me know if you are interested. iwill have a 47 Sport as a demo boat loaded with 503s in it, estimated speed 50 +. Banana Tom and Joly Time call me. People on this board will receive a discount on any new boat orders. great handling fast moving Houseboats are coming back with great quality control. Hulls will be thicker and it will be one Quality boat.

Great to hear!!!!!! Will it still stay in portland, Tn. ?

Super Moderator
    Yes everything including the employees is there. Be foolish to move it. Bill Brummett will still be running it, things are really going to heat up. Lots of great things are in the works.

Good deal , I am rehabing a 1982 50' lazy cruz and live about 25 miles from the plant.

I wonder if we are seeing signs of an improving economy. I spoke with the folks at Destination Yachts last week. They said that they have a one-year wait list of customers wanting new boats built.

Super Moderator
    Shelton Graber at Destination has the ball right now but that is about to change. Gibson is going internatioal, would love to have an Aussie dealer. boats will be built with superior quality to Harbormaster along with a cruise bowed coastal 16x59. This did not happen because of the economy but because of the electioin results. Mega Yacht People are fired up now and the boating industry is going to come back big time. any of you guys in Canada and Australia, want to give a go?
    Last edited by pirate; 11-28-2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakebg View Post
    Good deal , I am rehabing a 1982 50' lazy cruz and live about 25 miles from the plant.
    Great, I will let you know the progress. we will have houseboat races like we used to do on Old Hickory. We need a dealer in kentucky and Indiana. Things are on the move.

Will Gibson be using a balsa cored or solid glass hull?

Super Moderator
    Solid glass as always never used the other, hand rolled. Going to be qiuite a boat. Imagine crusing on the tN river and a twin engine cruiser pulls up beside you grins and starts to go by but he never gets in front of you. When he has the throttles on the stops you grin and wave and pick up about ten knots and wave again, lots of fun. Going to be a boat built foe whatever the customer wants, 6 knots or 45. Built to whatever decor you want. I think they will have a 70 ft before long intercoastal.

Good to know. I've heard some reports of Gibson using cored hulls in the past but I could never find anything conclusive. I always wondered. Thanks for confirming.

+ Reply to Thread