Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tenn River from Alabama to Ohio River

Tenn River from Alabama to Ohio River

We will be on the go again this coming spring. We will be heading north on the Tennessee River from NW Alabama to Northern Ky. and beyond. We would like to stop at various marinas for a month at a time, or at least we think so. Just going through some of the marinas on the internet, they all seem to say the same thing - Annual or Transient Rates. Are there any marinas up that way that offer monthly rates for a 36' trawler? We have not yet decided on whether to hit the Ohio or the Cumberland. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Houseboater at Heart
    1986 Mainship 36 Dual Cabin Pointed Ended House Boat

www.FreeBoatProjects.com

Call them.

How far up the Ohio are you looking? I am sure there are a few that would work out a decent rate for an extended stay.

when we had our boat in ky for a while he just charged us 1/12 the seasonal rate per month (300 per month)
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Super Moderator
    Go the Cumberland route. I should have two Marinas on Old Hickory by then. Cut you a deal 30% off for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Go the Cumberland route. I should have two Marinas on Old Hickory by then. ...........
    So now I have to look up "Old Hickory". Sheeesh!
    Last time I took the advice from you and OHB was about Joe Wheeler State Park. We absolutely love this place. We have a covered slip all the way at the end. We have the only vehicle in the parking lot other than the Marine Police. It'd like owning 2200 acres of river front property complete with full time view of deer. By the time we leave Wheeler, it will be almost 9 months. So after Old Hickory, then what? A retirement marina?
    Houseboater at Heart

www.FreeBoatProjects.com

Super Moderator OLD HOUSEBOATER's Avatar
    You might get used to Nashville and never want to leave. You used to be able to buy your slip there.

Jane an I miss Joe Wheeler we were there 13 years and lived aboard 7. Truly the best years of our lives. If Bill and Carol Yancy are still there tell them we said "Hey"
    The fries are cold so we gave you extra.

Yes, I believe it was you that told me about Joe Wheeler first. I think you said it was "houseboat heaven" and it truly is. We originally planned on going to Ky. Lake when you mentioned Wheeler. We looked it up on the internet and so here we are.
    Bill and Carol are our neighbors. They are here quite often. I am at the end of the dock and they are about 5 or 6 boats down from me. They are very nice and sociable people. They have the coolest looking boat here. It is one of the tug style trawlers (American Tug) - fire engine red hull with lots of shiny stainless steel. Billy always has a big smile on his face and his voice sounds like he should have been a radio personality rather than a farmer.
    He will probably be here this weekend. I will tell him you said "hi". That's yankee for 'hey'. What name shall I say said 'hey' - surely your birth certificate doesn't say Old Houseboater. then again?
    When did you folks leave Wheeler? I don't suspect it changed much over the years.
    Houseboater at Heart

www.FreeBoatProjects.com

Super Moderator OLD HOUSEBOATER's Avatar
    Rodd and Jane Diehl - We had the 55 Pluckebaum - JUBILATION. We left in 03 when we moved to Gulf Shores.
    The fries are cold so we gave you extra.

Super Moderator
    Rod Diehl AKA OHB, there may be warrants out for him so be careful.
    Last edited by pirate; 12-15-2014 at 09:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread