FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Waste Treatment System

Had to be Barren River Lake, if near Bowling Green

I think it was, we went to look at a 55 ft. kingscraft there.beautiful lake
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Super Moderator
    They have type 1 and 2 MSDS that they say you could drink the water after treatment. in Decatur Al at my Marina there the sewage plant was 3 blocks up the street, across from the school, it stunk and had solid waste in the water where it discharged. I would much rather have treated waste from a MSD type 1 or 2 than have these sewage plants treat and dump solids back in the river. Joe Wheeler State park and Marina had the City of Rogersville saying boats were polluting the river, well the boaters got together to find where the pollution was coming from and guess what, the cities sewer was over flowing and discharging into the river. Most people do not understand that when the Pump out tank is full the honey wagon takes it to the sewage plant and it is treated and discharged back into the water. Only remote marinas have the sewage going into a septic tank. That stopped all that nonsense as they took Pics of it. The EPA has gone nuts anyway, needs to be canned and the States take care of their business as the 10th amendment called for.
    Last edited by pirate; 01-11-2015 at 01:27 PM.

The thing is, it doesn't matter what you think or I think or even what the Enumerated Powers amendment clearly says. If some federal bureaucrat gets a burr under his administrative saddle, you're SOL, so to speak. That's why we ended up with the head we have. No discharge.

Super Moderator
    All landlocked lakes not connected to another state under the commerce clause are no discharge. So it goes to the sewage plant and is pumped back into the water. We now have a much more friendly senate for boaters, the EPA may just get its wings cut in more ways than one. They are stoping them from saying they control of ditch water etc on private property. I have had yachts coming thru headed to Panama, Belise and Costa Rica. They are taking their marbles and playing elsewhere. These are people on Million dollar boats. I just hope we can get all these regulations which are against common sense and get the Coal industry back in the saddle. Boat sales are starting to pick up as many were waiting on the election results. We boaters will survive, just hope they kill the e-15 regulation as these engines were not designed for such.

I am considering use water that uses chlorinated tablets. We are concerned about chemicals absorbed into the plants as well as other microbacterial presence in the water . Would the it be safe to eat?
    Update: This is an aerobic waste water system for the home. Not gray water or from a large sewage plant. I don't want opinions please give me facts

Oh, my. That all sounds so complicated. What a pain to deal with, especially if you get caught in some sort of conflicting regulatory mess. The Raritan system sure sounded like a great idea until we got to looking into it further, given our cruising dreams. Hope it all turns out to be worth the trouble and expense for y'all.

+ Reply to Thread