Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bluewater Boatel-40 foot 1977

As the season is upon us. I am now almost ready to launch.
    I had both engines removed and rebuilt-Craned them right out back door after bare blocking them. Found 3 bent rods, one valve pretty decent hole in it (0) compression reason there. 3 pistons were bad, cracked off at edges.
    So the work began.
    Both engines rebuilt (350 Crusdaers), specs say 270 hp., but I'll be closer to 300 now, which means, I'll be close to 600 hp.
    Transmissions were removed and gone thru, nothing major there.
    Carbs. rebuilt.
    Everything in engines replaced; starters, fuel pumps, alternators, water pumps, etc.
    Engine bay cleaned and painted. (While engines were out).
    All sea cocks replaced
    Removed front air conditioner, (roof top)-had a persistent leak that was driving me nuts to find.-Found some rotten wet wood-removed. Then what to do?? Decided to get rid of it and install Central heat and air and put in skylight-(rooftop hatch). It is giving me a lot more room or flybridge-(still working on completion, but close looking great! I bought a Webasco 16K reverse heat and cool-all the ducts were already in boat. (Another thru-hull and electric runs) So 16K plus my other 13.5K rooftop on rear deck, should give me plenty of ac. as needed.
    Still some peddly stuff to do, but looking to launch in next couple weeks-Getting antsy and can't wait to hear those engines!

Great work! Where are you docking? I was milling around Four Seasons this past weekend looking at boats.

Rivertowne Marina-I am the very last slip at the mouth of Ohio River.
    I am still on the hard and plan on going in within next couple weeks. I'm up on top of hill, shrink wrap still on, want to get it off but finishing up floor and skylight on flybridge.
    There is a big 55 foot Bluewater up there also-(twin diesels).
    That 38 Carver at Four Seasons sold-that was a nice boat

dockmaster

does rivertowne have transient docking? our boat is at Washington marine and the repairs are just about done,we need a dock for a couple weeks around the first of june or so before we bring it back up river to Marietta.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

There is a spot open right next to the Pluckebaum at 4 seasons you could try and rent!

Quote Originally Posted by JTAlberts View Post
    There is a spot open right next to the Pluckebaum at 4 seasons you could try and rent!
    most likely not putting in till around the 1st of june and that's if the rivers down.
    44 gibson executive
    marietta,ohio

They don't really have transient docking per say, but you could call Bill Mannis at Rivertown and see if he has room for couple of weeks

Dockmaster

I might need an overnight spot for a 70' in Cincinnati. Any recommendations ? Is Manhattan harbor still in business ? (stayed there before)

Thanks Dave
    1991 Pluckebaum 70'
    13' Boston Whaler, 40hp Yamaha
    10' AB rib, 25hp Suzuki (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by boatlover View Post
    Dockmaster

I might need an overnight spot for a 70' in Cincinnati. Any recommendations ? Is Manhattan harbor still in business ? (stayed there before)

Thanks Dave
    you may want to call manhatton first and check on the water depth. we were there a year ago and was sitting in 3feet of water and churning mud in the inlet and fuel dock.washington marine said they had a boat stuck in the inlet this year trying to deliver it,they did say that it sold and has a new owner.
    44 gibson executive
    marietta,ohio

42gibson

Thanks for the info. I need 4' minimum. Heading from Louisville to Pgh. Should be stopping in Marietta
    1991 Pluckebaum 70'
    13' Boston Whaler, 40hp Yamaha
    10' AB rib, 25hp Suzuki (for sale)

+ Reply to Thread