Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Inverter Or Generator

The APU does bring up some interesting points,along with great fuel figures. Does make one go hummmm

They are interesting are they not. They have auto start capability to recharge batteries when needed along with a host of other features packed into a pretty small package. See attachment or the link is here...

apu capability..jpg

20,000 of AC or 13.500 btu's of heat while powering other on-board accessories, and recharging the battery bank(s) all at one time seems pretty darn amazing and efficient to boot. I would like to actually know what level of load the unit was experiencing when they came up with the .3 gallons per hour though. IMHO the marine industry should be looking towards these units..
    Last edited by Bamby; 01-10-2013 at 05:06 AM. Reason: to add link

I am sure there is some reason why they arent supposed to be used, but they interesting. Next question i have is again about my battery bank . Just thinking out load here. I have a storage space on the other side of my cuddy. It is about 12' x 8' and directly under my salon area in the front of the boat. Is there any reason i couldnt locate a battery bank here? It extends right under the helm where my panels are. Would be easy to wire and tie in. It would be in a sealed battery box and vented and balanced. Thinking of moving it from the rear of the boat. My boat sit fairly high in the front and i have pleanty of room there.

+ Reply to Thread