Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chattanooga, Tn. Marinas

Chattanooga, Tn. Marinas

Getting ready to start this years journey. Our first major stop will be Chattanooga. Tn.
    Has anyone here stayed there before and can recommend a marina for about a month's stay?
    Houseboater at Heart
    1986 Mainship 36 Dual Cabin Pointed Ended House Boat

www.FreeBoatProjects.com

Happy Motoring

Thanks Tom

I will be down around Mobile for a day or 2 at the most. Helping a friend bring a sailboat up to the Tenn. River.
    I wont have transportation so if you can come up, it would be nice. If not, perfectly understandable.

Regards

Tony B
    Houseboater at Heart

www.FreeBoatProjects.com

Lot's of marinas near Chattanooga depending on what you want to be near. Last I heard, Marine Max managed transient dockage on the city riverfront. No protection from wakes from river traffic at $1.50/ft. But it is downtown and walking distance from stuff. Avoid the city Riverbend Festival 6/5-13. Other marinas are upstream of Chickamauga Dam and 10-20 miles by road from downtown. Island Cove Marina is pricey but well run with lots of amenities. Harbor Lights and Shady Grove are small but OK; neither had a restaurant last I heard. There are several others. Harrison Bay State Park may offer transient and had a part time grill.
    LongJohn
    Watts Bar Lake; Tn River

Quote Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
    Thanks Tom

I will be down around Mobile for a day or 2 at the most. Helping a friend bring a sailboat up to the Tenn. River.
    I wont have transportation so if you can come up, it would be nice. If not, perfectly understandable.

Regards

Tony B
    Sorry I missed you, just saw this.

My son just moved to Mobile, so we have been there often on the weekends.

Hey Tom

We got to Turner Marine Wed and been working on and getting familiar with my friends sailboat ever since. Little things like replacing the Battery Charger and getting used to the boat.
    We will be in and out a lot shopping, taking the boat out so my friend can get used to it, etc. Anyway, if you get back up here this weekend, call me. Hopefully, we can get together even if just for short while. We are hoping to get out of here tomorrow afternoon even if we only get to the Convention center to tie up for the night. Just want to feel like we got started.
    BTW, it must be nice having your son around again.

Tony B
    Houseboater at Heart

www.FreeBoatProjects.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
    Hey Tom

We got to Turner Marine Wed and been working on and getting familiar with my friends sailboat ever since. Little things like replacing the Battery Charger and getting used to the boat.
    We will be in and out a lot shopping, taking the boat out so my friend can get used to it, etc. Anyway, if you get back up here this weekend, call me. Hopefully, we can get together even if just for short while. We are hoping to get out of here tomorrow afternoon even if we only get to the Convention center to tie up for the night. Just want to feel like we got started.
    BTW, it must be nice having your son around again.

Tony B
    Staying in Pensacola this weekend, with lots going on. But yep, nice having the son 1 hour away instead of 3.5.
    He lives on a small canal off Dog River, just a little north of Turner.

Since you guys are taking a sailboat up the Tenn Tom, are you going to motor all the way up?
    Last edited by BananaTom; 05-15-2015 at 05:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread