Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tow Boat Insurance

Tow Boat Insurance

How many of y'all have it or need it where you boat?

Here in Pensacola, most everyone has Sea Tow or Boat US for the boat towing needs.

It is about $150 per year, for unlimited towing and miles.

Of course, we are not land locked, so a 50 to 60 mile outing is common, with sometimes 100 miles

Do you have a preference, Tom? Sea Tow is not but about 15 miles from here, but Boat US seems to be more common along the OBX and AICW ... if we ever get that far.

Free towing with no deductible is part of my HB's insurance policy, so I don't need to pay for any additional coverage. Now, if I were not on a lake and actually took my vessel on the rivers and ICW, then I'd probably buy more. My max coverage is $5K
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

Towboat insurance is an absolutely must have. I wouldn't leave dock without it.

I've used both TowboatUS and Seatow and both were very professional

I wouldn't call it a "must have" but it sure makes you rest easier. 'Specially when you only have one engine to begin with.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Do you have a preference, Tom? Sea Tow is not but about 15 miles from here, but Boat US seems to be more common along the OBX and AICW ... if we ever get that far.
    Mimi, I have had both. Both vendors are awesome here in Pensacola. When Joel passed by on his half Great Loop, he broke down at the entrance to Little Sabine, Pensacola Beach. The Boat Us people are personal friends, and gave him a huge discount because he did not have it. Howevr, It still cost him $650 from Little Sabine to Bayou Chico, to the marina across from the Oar House.

Then we got him a discount wet slip for 200 per month, no power. While my mechanic opened his motor up and removed a 5 gallon bucket of sand within his single motor.

ONe thing about either, it does not matter what boat, it is YOU. So if I am on another persons vessel, it is good if they crap out.

Ever tried to paddle a houseboat.

It don't go no where.

on our 42 gibson we have progressive and it covered tow. when we hit bottom and had to get it transported from marietta tp pittsburgh for repairs 3500$ they never batted a eye. they are super people but only insure to certain lengths. our 44 we had to switch companys which also covers towing.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

+ Reply to Thread