Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for Myacht houseboat info

Looking for Myacht houseboat info

I am looking for any information on a 1997 43 ft Myacht house boat I need all specifications on pontoons such as holding tank gallons gas tank gallons how the house part is built

Myacht became Destination Yachts. You may try calling them.
    Formerly owned a 16X69' Sailabration

Bet On Another Thousand

A 1997 Myacht would have probably been among the last that Myacht built when Sheldon Graber owned the company. Sheldon sold the Myacht brand to Tracker Marine Group in the late 90s. As GoVols said, Sheldon then went on to start Destination Yachts. Tracker kept building the Myachts. I stopped by to visit them in Missouri in 2008 or 2009. The Myachts they had on their assembly floor looked identical to the ones that Sheldon had been building.

The good news is that this gives you two sources of possible information for Myachts. Destination Yachts because Sheldon designed them and was most likely still building them in 1997. Tracker Marine Group because Tracker was building identical boats following the same design for several years after that.

Thanks for the info I will give them a call.

Thanks for your help

The house boat is 10 inches lower in the stern do to the design Has any one added a center pontoon to help level the boat. Do to the boats design there is nothing I can move forward to level the boat.

What do you think about Mari deck vinyl I am looking at replacing the carpet. There are 3 thickness 34 mil and 80 mil is the 80 worth it?

The third pontoon will give you the lift you're looking for, but it will also increase drag. Depending on how far you take your boat on trips and how often you do it, that may or may not be a big deal to you. Another solution is to have pans bent to add to the bottom of your existing pontoons. Starting at about midship, you would have a wedge-shaped pan bent that would be around four inches at the back and taper to zero at the front. You would have a pan for each 5 foot pontoon section and each pan would grow increasingly taller as you move to the back of your boat. This would be more expensive than the third pontoon, but it wouldn't increase drag.

I have the Marideck as a roofing material and like it. Having said that, I would have concerns about it holding up given some of the lower deck activities I have done over the years. I have moved a couple of fridges across my lower deck, rebuilt a few wakeboards on it, stacked gas cans and propane bottles, and done a lot of grilling, I just replaced carpet on my lower deck with composite decking material this last season and I love the decking. I removed the .125" aluminum floor and ran the composite decking from front to back so that it spans the aluminum floor joists every 12 inches. It hoses off easily. I bought Fiberon Paramount decking because it is a lot lighter than something like Trex. Azek makes an all-pvc product that is light like the Fiberon Paramount. Destination Yachts is putting Azek on their new boats these days. Even the pvc composites add weight, so you won't want it on your rear deck unless you came up with a way to raise your stern.

Another factor to consider with a third pontoon at the back of your boat is how it will affect putting the boat on a trailer for those times you need to pull the boat from the water. A lot of trailers won't work with a third pontoon.

Senior Member Frantically Relaxing's Avatar
    10" lower in back? That's My steel hulled 35,000# Skipperliner only draws 11" total...

Forgive my boat drawing skills, but this drawing represents 42' long with 24" tall pontoons, sitting 10" lower in back. The angle is 1.2°, which is substantial for any type of living space. The waterline up front is exactly half the log height at 12"-- note the stern of the boat is pretty much in the water...

That all said- When we bought our Party Cruiser, on our maiden dunk the port stern log was nearly submerged:

--The rear log was full of water. Based on how long it took to drain, I calculated 90 gallons of water was in it. All that water got in via a small weld tear on the rear M bracket. It's held water and air since I repaired it.
    =========

If your boat does indeed list like shown in my drawing, you have something more going on than a design problem. Are you sure the pontoons have no water in them? Or a maybe a whole bunch of other weight in the logs, or in the boat itself? (batteries, etc)
    Last edited by Frantically Relaxing; 10-11-2015 at 12:39 PM.
    1988 SkipperLiner 53x14
    1995 Tracker Party Cruiser 32
    2002 Regal 2860 Commodore
    1987 Sea Ray 21' Seville midcabin
    2000 Allegro Bus 40' DP

+ Reply to Thread