Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Guy Here

New Guy Here

For the past 5 years, we have been enjoying a 40+ year old trailerable houseboat. We're low tech with a focus on high comfort; no interest in beauty or impressing the neighbors. We enjoy the road almost as much as the water, having trailered Big Duck over 15,000 miles including a couple trips from SC to Lake Powell. We have a generator, air conditioner, stand up hot water shower, two sink galley with fridge and microwave, sleeps seven, freezer on the aft deck, stand up shower and flybridge...If there's any interest in our adventures I'll hang around.

Sure we are, tell us one or two.

Welcome to the forum. We like good stories

Little Tennessee River (Tellico Lak) near Knoxville
    Hi Jeffnick, welcome aboard.

Glad you finally made it here. I remember telling you about this forum a years or two ago when on TrawlerForum. I believe you will like it here. This is more akin to your style of boating - not the trailering part as much as the inland rivers and lakes.
    I am currently on Tellico Lake which is part of the Little Tennessee River, which feeds into the Tennessee River at which point it is about 15 miles or so from Knoxville, Tn. After that long run-on sentence, my point being is that it is absolutely beautiful here and less than 4 hours drive from Spartanburg, SC. Don't know if you have ever been here before, but it is definitely worth the trip.
    Houseboater at Heart
    1986 Mainship 36 Dual Cabin Pointed Ended House Boat

Thanks Tony B

Click to see Big Duck on the River over your way

We also regularly boated up and down the TN River when we had our cuddy cabin boats. Here's a log entry from when we were active with the Trawler World List. From day 1 I guess we've treated all our boats like houseboats...even the tiny ones. Back then we were running 16' cuddy and we'd stay aboard for days at a time without ever going ashore.
    QT on the Tennessee

Little Tennessee River (Tellico Lak) near Knoxville
    Great stories. Every boat I ever owned was going to be the one that I well document our trips. Many boats later, it still hasn't happened. I admire your self discipline and writing skills.
    Hope you enjoy your stay on this forum.

Regards

Tony B
    Houseboater at Heart
    1986 Mainship 36 Dual Cabin Pointed Ended House Boat

Thank you for your stories.

I'm a boating addict. I started documenting my 'cruises' when my wife wouldn't be able to join me - so I wouldn't have to hash over the details of the trip. When she was able to go along, I quit journaling the trips. I had some inquiries about why I wasn't sharing my adventures anymore but didn't decide to start up again until I joined
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ouseboats/info
    and one of the members suggested I might inspire other members to get out on the water if I posted some of my adventures. One of my greatest joys is sharing -- so I started up documenting my travels again and did inspire some of the folks to get out on the water.
    http://72land-n-sea.blogspot.com/201...-nov-2013.html

As long as there's encouragement, I'll keep posting....

BTW
    Big Duck's trailer is freshly out of the shop where an axle alignment was done due to a broken weld. After I finish up the total rewire of the trailer, we'll take her to Hartwell for a shakedown cruise in preparation for an ICW adventure from Stuart to Miami - waters we're very familiar with from previous adventures but never on a houseboat.

Here is a story of an adventure by Ted655 which we really enjoyed when he returned from that trip and posted it here. I recently posted it to this forum at the link.

Looking forward to reading your stories. Thanks for sharing them.

http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...issippi-596457

+ Reply to Thread