Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: replacing stove

replacing stove

We are going to shop for a new stove, stainless, ballpark setting aside roughly 11/12 hundred.
    Leaning toward gas. For the past 6 years our electric stove has been very doable on an off dock no issues there. But obviously running the big gen isn't ideal.
    Questions: Do you see possible issues with going from natural to propane on long term use? Do most manufacturers have tag info on this switchover.
    What is normally involved in switching over?

If I do go this route what are we looking at to have installed for sensors alarms?

We are in the market for a stove, as well, hoping to have an actual galley sometime in the next x months. We'll want a 3 burner propane one. User reviews most welcome!

Super Moderator OLD HOUSEBOATER's Avatar
    You have to switch out orfice. Propane burns hotter. $1100 buys a lot of generator time.
    The fries are cold so we gave you extra.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD HOUSEBOATER View Post
    You have to switch out orfice. Propane burns hotter. $1100 buys a lot of generator time.
    HB doesnt stand for houseboat

Quote Originally Posted by dalehollow View Post
    HB doesnt stand for houseboat
    ???? Don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD HOUSEBOATER View Post
    ???? Don't get it.
    HB Hundred bucks, Most all of us IM sure you included started out camping, then HBing came along with a starter boat, some will stay in a efficient no frill mode but most will move in a different direction. I'm moving on yet......
    IM the one who will put a Honda 2000 on the bank and not run the big generator, but tell the cabinet maker put granite on em, go figure. We all look different at where we spend the next HB,

Back to the new stove, so when u say orifice, this is a simple switch I assume, and is it safe to assume your major brands all are adaptable?
    any suggestions on be sure to do this when installing a new system (LP) especially safety features u wouldn't leave the dock w/out. Things in general as time draws near, I will get a better understanding of my responsibility of meeting the rules an regs. (saftey first for my family, freinds an neighbors then the insurance carrier.

You'll want a stove with auto-shutoff in case the flame blows out; otherwise BOOM sooner or later. You'll also want a gas detector/alarm, you can get one at any RV place.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

Most Marine stoves today are set up for propane and have all current protection devices. Most house hold stoves are set up for natural gas. Propane is usuallyy a no cost option.

i was just at hh gregg tonight a local appliance store. a good(not chef quality) gas stove was 699 then 35 to convert it to propane.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

Quote Originally Posted by 42gibson View Post
    i was just at hh gregg tonight a local appliance store. a good(not chef quality) gas stove was 699 then 35 to convert it to propane.
    thanks ill check it out

+ Reply to Thread