Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: marine growth on outboards / outdrives?

We were tied out last summer. Around 8:00a, my wife said come look at this. There was a fisherman about 3 feet off the back of my boat. I fired up the engines, put them in gear, and prop washed him about 50 feet. He got the point.

When I had to pull my houseboat last fall for other reasons, my port side had about 20 ft of line wrapped behind the prop. We have see people's canvas torn from lures.

Sorry guys but you can't restrict any no fishing next to docks or boats. The fisherman has the rights in his favor.

My dad use to carry an offshore rod with a 6"-8" lure full of big rusty treble hooks, which he would cast in THEIR direction. Claimed it kept water skiers at a respectful distance, too.
    She's a tired old barge but she's paid for... http://s71.beta.photobucket.com/user...24993.pbw.html

The fisherman has the rights in his favor - just how do you come up with that? I did not say restrict them, I just want them to have a modicum of respect. If they get to close to the back of my houseboat, I just might decide once again to exercise my outdrives.

+ Reply to Thread