Your Ultimate Online Houseboating Resource
Welcome to Houseboat Magazine
Contact UsAdvertise

AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURERS BROKERS FORUMS
Administered by The Pirate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rope lights instead of dome lilghts on party top?

For a lot of practical reasons, red LEDs seem to be a good choice. I just don't know that I can get past connotations I would rather avoid.

I'll bet $1000 that I got bugs worse than anyone here... Our boat came with incandescent rope lights, mounted inside under the valance. Our top is 24 x 12, the lights were attached to a dimmer, but we were never able to use 'em...

This pic was taken in the morning, immediately after giving the top a good smack... THIS IS A LINK to the full size photo-- if you look hard you can almost see where the rope lights USED to be mounted. Almost.

We'd get this many bugs just from the living room light, can't imagine how many would show up for rope lights.

Our front porch, on many many mornings. This is what gets past the fully screened front porch.

==============

These bugs are midges, and they live and breed in all the fragmites you can see in front of the boat. Fragmites surrounded the lake, but the last 2 years the state has killed them down. South of us (behind the boat) were gone last year, and so were half the bugs finally. All the rest were killed last fall, and HOPEFULLY once the dead vegetation is gone so too will be these *&^$#!! midges!

And if so, I'M replacing the rope lights! I already have some bought ready to put up!
    Last edited by Frantically Relaxing; 04-16-2013 at 08:10 PM.
    1988 SkipperLiner 53x14
    1995 Tracker Party Cruiser 32 *for sale*
    2003 Chaparral 260 SSI
    2000 Allegro Bus 40' DP

Man Wow Man ok You got me beat ..... never so glad to be beat!!!! Those are terrible

Holy Cow! And if there was anything that ate those things you'd have to have a 1000 of them!
    1986 Gibson 50'
    Twin 454 Crusaders
    Monroe Reservoir, Bloomington, IN

.......note to self, "don't leave outdoor lights on over night!"
    '06 Sailabration located on Percy Priest Lake

Bet On Another Thousand

Quote Originally Posted by Frantically Relaxing View Post
    I'll bet $1000 that I got bugs worse than anyone here... Our boat came with incandescent rope lights, mounted inside under the valance. Our top is 24 x 12, the lights were attached to a dimmer, but we were never able to use 'em...

This pic was taken in the morning, immediately after giving the top a good smack... THIS IS A LINK to the full size photo-- if you look hard you can almost see where the rope lights USED to be mounted. Almost.

We'd get this many bugs just from the living room light, can't imagine how many would show up for rope lights.

Our front porch, on many many mornings. This is what gets past the fully screened front porch.

==============

These bugs are midges, and they live and breed in all the fragmites you can see in front of the boat. Fragmites surrounded the lake, but the last 2 years the state has killed them down. South of us (behind the boat) were gone last year, and so were half the bugs finally. All the rest were killed last fall, and HOPEFULLY once the dead vegetation is gone so too will be these *&^$#!! midges!

And if so, I'M replacing the rope lights! I already have some bought ready to put up!
    your money is safe!!! that is beyond bad.
    44 gibson executive
    on the muskingum river & ohio river
    marietta,ohio

+ Reply to Thread